Croatia

Oct 17, 2005
Visit site
Thinking of going here next year.Can anyone recomend nice sites. Also best route, and places to stop, about every 200 mls. thanks Pat

G

There are 2 main routes. The first is through Germany, Austria and then into Croatia, the other is Switzerland into Italy and then into Croatia via Slovenia. I have also entered Croatia via Hungary and then down the motorway to Zagreb.

I am assuming you are heading for the coast so possibly the Italy route would be best. Croatia is a lovely country but has become more epxensive in recent years. It also has become very very popular with Germans so will be packed in high season. Howveer, I am sure there are still good hideaways, although unofrtunately, I cannot give any names, as I stayed in hotels.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
A couple of years ago we stayed at Puntica Camping in Funtana on the Istrian Peninsula. It's not as big as most campsites in Croatia (some are absolutely enormous - a legacy of the communist era) yet close enough to interesting places like Porec and Rovinj.

Don't expect sandy beaches, though, at least not in that part of the country. They are generally pebble beaches.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
Few sandy beaches, but brilliant if you like swimming off rocks.

The site I have been to several times in the past had deteriorated when I last went there, so I wouldn't recommend it now, but there are quite a few sites in the Camping Cheques book now, and in my experience these are always good.

Keith

Oct 17, 2005
Visit site
Few sandy beaches, but brilliant if you like swimming off rocks.

The site I have been to several times in the past had deteriorated when I last went there, so I wouldn't recommend it now, but there are quite a few sites in the Camping Cheques book now, and in my experience these are always good.

Keith
Thanks to all, keep them coming please

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Pat,

We went there for a fortnight in August 2004 with two friends. Excellent, would go again but we still keep finding places we haven't been yet, but one day...

We stayed at a very large site called Bijela Uvala which is about 5km out of Porec on the Istrian peninsula. The site had about a couple of thousand pitches but was not at all overwhelming. We booked about this time of year (so about 10 months in advance) and I don't know whether that helped because we had a pair of fantastic pitches, only about 20 metres from the beach. There were only three british vans on the site when we were there - our two, and one owned by the then owners of "Select Sites" who were looking around for new sites on the periphery of their main operating area.

The facilities were fine, good shop, some activities for children, constantly cleaned service blocks. Highlight of the stay was a "fish picnic" on an all day cruise from Porec along the coast that was stunning value for money. However the financial world has moved on both here and in Croatia since then.

Here is a link I just found which may help -

http://www.alanrogers.com/camping/croatia/istria/CR6724
Do go, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Mike A

Oct 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Pat,

We went there for a fortnight in August 2004 with two friends. Excellent, would go again but we still keep finding places we haven't been yet, but one day...

We stayed at a very large site called Bijela Uvala which is about 5km out of Porec on the Istrian peninsula. The site had about a couple of thousand pitches but was not at all overwhelming. We booked about this time of year (so about 10 months in advance) and I don't know whether that helped because we had a pair of fantastic pitches, only about 20 metres from the beach. There were only three british vans on the site when we were there - our two, and one owned by the then owners of "Select Sites" who were looking around for new sites on the periphery of their main operating area.

The facilities were fine, good shop, some activities for children, constantly cleaned service blocks. Highlight of the stay was a "fish picnic" on an all day cruise from Porec along the coast that was stunning value for money. However the financial world has moved on both here and in Croatia since then.

Here is a link I just found which may help -

http://www.alanrogers.com/camping/croatia/istria/CR6724
Do go, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Mike A
Thanks Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts