Crusader water system

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
We have just been away in our new Crusader Super Sirocco for the fist time. Just picked it up last week so still feeling my way around it at the moment. Does anyone have a 2007 Crusader with an onboard water tank and the new style Truma external pump. I wanted to use the aquaroll without the onboard tank so turned the valve at the tank to close it. Then on the control panel turned the switch to external pump but after the hot water tank had filled turned the tap off but the pump just kept running (all drain taps shut). The tap worked fine but the pump would not stop. So in the end we had to fill the onboard tank and when full the pump swiched off and then we used th internal pump with no problems. So does anyone know if you can use the aquaroll without having to use the onboard tank each time. Appreciate any replies

Lee. C

Apr 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lee,

I also picked up a new Crusader last week and went away with it for Easter. I had same problem with water, so i asked my dealer this morning and he said it only runs through the inboard tank. Thinking back to my 05 Sirocco it was the same, we wont have the problem when we are on the new Truma waterline.

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for that Richard I had a feeling that was the case.Our last van (04 Abbey Spectrum 520} had the option of either, whitch can be usefull but I do like the Crusader better and fingers crossed it feels much better built than the Abbey.

Enjoy your new van!

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
I have the 2006 Compass Rallye (same van)and have spoken to Explorer at the NEC about this and they say thst there is now way of running directly from an Aquaroll, it has to go into the inboard tank and then use the internal pump. I have overcome this problem and can use mine as you wanted to. If you would like mto know the details I can post them on this thread or email direct to interested members.

Aug 20, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Alan I would be interested in in your way to solve this and would be very grateful if you could post them on this thread.

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Just back from holiday, here goes.

You need a 2 way 12v switch and a metre or so of wire.

Find the wiring terminal block under plastic cover on the floor infront of water tank. Find the live feed to the internal water pump and disconnect. Connect feed to the input on the switch and one output to the inboard tank. Connect the length of wire to the other output on the switch, run it round the tank to the electrical connections on the back of the exterior pump connections and join this feed into the feed at this point. (mount your switch and hide wires etc.)

With yout switch to the inboard tank everything works as it does now. With your switch to the exterior pump (but original switch still on inboard) and the water supply tap turning the inboard tank off (as if on a super pitch) you can run off your Aquaroll.

Hope this makes sense. Get back to me if you have any questions.Good luck. Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts