Crystal Palace CC site

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi ALL

Hope you are all well !! Have booked above site to take my children sightseeing and to see a show ! What I would like to know is

Is the site quite easy to get to , we are travelling from the northwest but a long weekend so no rush, taking my little girl to watch "grease" at night so is a taxi into the city viable from here as I would not like to use the tube with her at night?? any other comments etc... would be really appreciated !!!

Thanks Tina x

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Tina,

We stayed on this site several years ago. The site itself was very good,up to usual Caravan Club standards. The journey through the city suburbs to it was not that relaxing, one wrong turn and goodness knows where we would have ended up but the CC handbook directions got us there.

The site wardens will give you advice re getting in and out of the city centre to see shows. Their advice to us at that time was to take the bus both ways, there is a stop just outside site gate. Apparently if you take the tube from the city you still need a bus for the final stage of the journey and they did not recommend anyone walking from the tube station to the bus stop in the evening after a show.

To be honest although we enjoyed our visit and going to different shows we found the whole experience a bit on the tense and stressful side. Some of our fellow bus passengers were a bit on the wild and wooly side. If I remember correctly the bus journey took approx 45 minutes, a taxi would be more relaxing but don't know about the cost.

Personally we would not repeat the experience, but then we are not used to the "big city" life.

Robert

May 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi tina

We have stayed at this site and it is very good.

owners and staff great full info on transport etc, We did bus and tube you have to get the bus which is just outside the site and returning, if you get the tube you still have to use the bus the nearest tube station is brixton, which sounds bad but we fouund it ok. our children were 12 and 9 and it was ok to travel but as any major city it has its good and bad, as long as you stay aware of where you are and not put yourself in a bad situation you will be ok. I wouldnt recommend the tube at night as you have to stand around for you bus in a busy area and not always the right place for kids at night. take the bus and sit downstairs near the driver not up if you can. I dont know about taxis but i can imagine to be quite a lot as price first. The site is ok to get to, go on multi map and print route details detailed ones so you can see all the junctions.

One tip is to get a multi bus tube ticket it works out cheaper just ask them in reception they will explain

hope this helps and i wouldnt hesitate to go back to this site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts