crystal palace cc site

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Hi William,

We stayed at Crystal Palace during the October half term, last year.

The number 3 bus goes all the way to Regent St /Oxford St and it took about 50 mins at peak time. Having three young children not used to getting the bus it felt more like 3 days!!However, it's quicker to get about by getting the tube from Brixton onwards. Brixton has another advantage as it is at the end of the Victoria Line and it was easy to get 5 seats.

I found the London Travel Card excellent value for money.

The area itself seemed ok. I would not fancy walking about the area late night. The Site itself is typical CC - neat and tidy.

Jun 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi William

Been to both sites many times ,if you want the easiest way into central London ,Abbey is best within 5 minutes walk from you van door and your on the platform of Abbey Wood station with very regular trains into town and it takes 30 min ,Abbey is also a much prettier site ,Crystal is a bit of a concrete jungle ,allthough a few minites from site there is a super walk across the green were the old crystal palace was to the town centre and railway station

Baza

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Crystal Palace was mentioned a few months ago in the club magazine, apparently the obvious route for getting to it takes you through the edge of the Congestion Charging Zone, and some visitors (not being familiar with this) have ended up with heavy fines for not paying a charge they did not realise they had incurred.

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi William

we like it. Yes, there's concrete, but also grass pitches and its quiet considering proximity to London. The area doesn't have that much of special interest - you can walk a triangle by turning left out of the site and there are some ok restaurants. Sorry, can't remember names, but we enjoyed a Spanish meal and an Italian, oh, and a good curry as well!

We didn't try the 'bus into London, but enjoyed a pleasant walk accross the Crystal Palace to the station (10-12 minutes) and there are regular trains into Victoria which take around 30 minutes.

Oh, our mover wouldn't work on site due to the interference from the TV aerial, so those on site were able to enjoy my not-so-good reversing skills!

TRENDING THREADS