Crystal palace

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
I am travelling to the Caravan Club crystal Palace site very soon from Shropshire I was wondering what is the best way i am intending on going down the M40 then on to the M25 but from there i am not to sure as Sat Nav tells me one way RAC,AA tells me another but fellow caravaners advise is always a lot better.

Regards Mike

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Have to admit I had not thought about the congestion zone problem. Try the site wardens for advice on that one.
Me again.

Looking at Google it looks like the A205 misses the extended zone. ( However get in quick before it is extended to cover Maidenhead/Watford Gap et al.)

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
I've done the trip two ways (travelling from the West). Following advice from this forum, we went via the M25 and in via Croydon. Last mile was the hardest, but not overly difficult. As long as you head for the correct transmitter, all will be well. When leaving, on a Friday afternoon, the wardens advised us to go around the South Circular, to avoid the M25 traffic. That was absolutely painful - lights after lights after lights. Loads of yellow hatched areas that prevented us from getting through, due to the traffic. Very slow indeed, but don't know whether quicker than the M25, to be fair. If I did it again, I'd stick to the M25 and avoid peak times.

The site was great, though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts