Crystal water filter

May 2, 2005
Visit site
hi all please could any one advise, in the manual it says to replace water filter every 30 days, but i have read the odd comment from other people who say they use the same one for the whole season, but there is no indication as to whether they are using crystal or another make and if the make is relevant. Could any one tell me if they use crystal and if so for how long before changing, many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I used to change at the start of the season and use for more than 30 days and suffered no ill effects.

Many new vans are no longer fitted with filters now

You can get a cheaper replacement for the cartridge from a firm at Stone (Filtapack --see the mags etc)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The problem I found with the genuine filter if over used was there ability to break up and dump the contents of the filter into the caravans water system with all the problems that can cause. I now use a tube like insert (Pyramid Products I think)that fits the original filter body and change it once a year.

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nigel,

Up till now I have always changed the filter at the beginning of the season but, towards the end have noticed charcoal particle partially clog taps and have had to unscrew the caps and blow through them to clear these bits.

I also feel the cartridges are over-priced for what they are and, as I do most of my caravanning in the Highlands, water purity is never really an issue so that I am considering using an old cartridge outer with the charcoal removed (just to fill the hole!) and not bothering to filter.

Rob S.

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi Nigel

We use a thirty day filter at home in a water jug, we can always tell if we've gone over the date because the water starts tasting nasty again. Have not tried the crystal filter itself but I imagine you would notice a difference in quality after thirty days or so and then an improvement again on replacing it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts