curved front window (small water ingress)

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
I have a 4yrs old GT65 Rimini, it very occasionally has a few drips of water at the very top of the front curved window where it drips down onto the middle of the floor about 6" to the rear of the pull out table ,as said it does not do it all the time (think it could be due to the wind factor ) I just wonder if any other owner has the same problem .it has had a new window fitted 6 wks ago and was tested for water ingress then (with a hose at dealers sprayed onto roof/window for about 20 minutes as I watched this being done NO water leaks were spotted) .it did have small
drips before window was fitted .(new window was fitted due to inerr/outer pains touching each other in middle of window resulting in mark about the size of a tennis ball .any thought anyone ??.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Our GT65 had a pool of water on the front shelf once on arrival on site. Dealer (useless anyway) couldn't find what it was. We did however take it to our regular workshop and they found a slither of paper perhaps where the sold sign was held in place. No problems since.

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
,opened front window (hot weather) then after closing window first time it rained small leak appeared ,opened window checked around seal closed window NO leak .this was in hot weather . again opened window September to clean ,after closing first rain small leak ,I have noticed that there is about 5mm/8mm movement left to right on the top of window where it hinges when you open it .have tried moveing the window along and closing it again at different places 2mm 4mm left or right and the leak either gets worse/better at different places along this 5mm/8mm movement .I know it sounds strange but need to get this small leak fixed ,it seams to be the rubber seal between the van framework and the seal ,NOT the rubber seal and the window ,so nothing realy to do with the temperature I don't think .we have had very little frost up here in the Scottish highlands ?? thanks for your reply .very strange !1

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a problem with the hinge if the window moves, but it needs investigating. I would look carefully at the hinges and see if there is a problem, you cannot accept a leak so if you cannot trace the problem an engineer will be needed.

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks raywood, these windows do not have the conventional type hinge to install it you have to fully open the window very high up then slide it along a channel to replace /remove ,today I have checked the top of window seal where it meets the van framework and discovered a couple of small Dutch elm seeds stuck in between the window and the rubber seal (Elm tree is 40ft away from the side of my house ) ( the seeds that fall like a helicopter swirling round as they fall to the ground ) so will wait until next rainfall to inspect for leak (won,t be to long up our way )
watch this space as they say .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
These immigrants ( Nice Dutch ) try to get into every where, get them to get more of our sites onto off peak ACSI prices.
Hopefully you have it sorted out, We had a front window mark as you described on our 2010 Coachman, Dealer said it was due to vibration whilst travelling, Coachman replaced it with new window that was about 3 mm wider between inner and outer.
Happy Winter touring.
Hutch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts