Assistance Required Please

I have a 2000 Vauxhall Frontera and want to purchase a cycle rack for my swan neck towbar whilst still being able to tow my caravan. I have seen a number of different fitments .i.e. spare wheel mounted and tow bar mounted but not sure which one to go for. Not keen on spare wheel due to additional weight that will be placed on the rear door and as for the towbar mounted, not really sure what model to go for due to possible intereference with the caravan ?

Your help much appreciated

Thanks

Jon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Remeber that if you connect a bike rack to your towbar, you must include this weight in your towbar weight limit. If the limit on your Frontera is 100 Kg, you might be using 20 Kg just for the bike. With a hefty vehicle like yours you may be OK, but it's worth a check.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Johnathon, This subjet was recently covered quite well in another thread onthis bulitin board, But briefly, if you use a towhitch mounted rack, you consider the weight of the bikes and rack are in addition to teh nose weight of the caravan, and combined this may excede the nose weight limit set by the car manufature. The last post came round to the thought of a roofrack for teh bikes, or carefully storing them inside the caravan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts