Damage Barton

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Looking at the above site for summer hols(dont think I can face the journey to cornwall again this year!),anyone been??? Also any other recommendations for Devon sites walking distance to the beach? full on kids site if poss!!

Have noted some of the replys below,any others you can think of gratefully recieved !

THANKS

Tina x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we went to Damage Barton a few years ago. A very nice site, however, a long walk to beach, across fields and down cliff if I remember correctly. Lots of open space for children to play and a field for dogs to exercise freely. We drove to Woolacombe for the sandy beach. Lots of space there if prepared to walk away from start point near car park.

Approach roads to site are narrow and can be tricky whilst towing or if you meet a bus.

Jan 15, 2006
Visit site
We went to damage barton a few years ago and it is an extreemly well looked after site, they ran farm tours daily arounf the farm and neighbouring national trust fields, not an easy trip to the beach but its great for walks, access roads as previous description, not for the fain hearted and dont miss the turnin cos it only gets narrower, you CANNOT get through the next village.

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi tina

Stayed at Damage Barton in summer 2005 on C&CC site, it is also a CC affiliated site. Both areas are good, CC side appears to be slightly better kept. The week we stayed it was very windy and horizontal rain, first time I have HAD to use an awning tie down strap. Site is slightly sloping but not too bad, view over cliff top is excellent, when it stopped raining. Nice walking along cliff tops and coastal path. As other postings have said, not that close to a good beach for the kids. Have you looked at Ruda Park or Croyde Bay holiday park if you want entertainment for the kids, both within a few mins walk to beach. Its several years since we were in that area as our kids are now 20+ but from what I remember they were very good. Woolacombe and Croyde bay are the best beaches in that area.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Ruda - its on the same stretch of coast as Damage Barton, and its a full on site as you mention. Full on costs too, but its right on the beach (Croyde Bay), maybe worth a look. Ooo - the caravan pitches are across the quiet road from the main site - called Croyde Burrows.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Pete tried them last week and they say they are full for dates I need, Damage Barton full too apparently, never mind keep looking, seen a place called WOOLACOOMBE BAY....GOLDEN COAST PARC.. any info on this a help !!

Tina x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts