Damp seats

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Can anybody help again? My bailey pageant front seats are always damp, I did use a vax machine to clean the fabric a few months ago and then they were dried but every time we move them they feel damp especially where they touch each other in one corner. There is no damp in the van just these couple of seats and whatever we do to them they will not dry. Any ideas about what the problem may be.

Thanks

Tim

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
I would think that there is still some residual shampoo which has been left inside the material that you have cleaned. Whilst virtually drying out, the excess shampoo is attracting moisture from the air and acting like a sponge. Thus it feels damp to the touch and probably cold as well. Also, because the cushions are touching each other, there is no circulation of air to dry them out. I think it might be an idea to Vax them again but just use plain water to get the remaining shampoo out. Put your electric heater on for a while to dry them thoroughly and leave the cushions in an upright position.

Hope this helps Paulpro

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
That or an incontinent relative / dog

I would get them out of the van and into some fresh air (where the air can circulate all around them)..or put them in your airing cupboard (if possible) for a weekend

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts