Feb 23, 2024
Visit site
Looks like from the video that it can be repaired.

You know your van is only 8 years old and considering our van is 31 years yours is yet a pup. Having read so many of these issues on new vans I honestly think the caravan manufacturers should be made to take a long hard look at themselves. Personally, I doubt a lot of them are designed to be fit for purpose, I don't think it's too much to ask for a van to be leak-free for 10 years in this day and age.

If I was you irrespective of who you bought the van from you I would be making a strong complaint to the manufacturers, these people need their arses held to the fire. When you consider the new version of your van is £28k personally I'd expect better, if I can buy a car with a 10-year warranty and a car gets much more exposure to the road etc and it remains leak free then surely caravans should be the same, shudder to think if caravan companies made cars how poor they would be.

Anyway, good luck with getting it fixed but send a hot email to the manufacturer you never know what they may say.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You could book an AWS Techie to give you an estimate - as with all these things better caught early! That would give you a £££ worst case scenario.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree in principle with Deejuk, the manufacturers have had close to a century to work out how to keep a caravan watertight, it took them 60 years to come up with bonded sandwich wall construction and another 30 to produce the current crop of unsatisfactory systems which whilst they may not rot they still leak.

They continue to sell product at an inflated prices to cover the costs of their design and manufacturing inadequacies . and still have enough profit to pay shareholders big dividends.

• Sad
Reactions: Deejuk and Dustydog
Feb 23, 2024
Visit site
Interestingly maybe there is a move towards innovation and built for purpose - Knaus Caravans offer the following

All Knaus vehicles come with a 10-year manufacturer warranty against water ingress, and you can expect superior manufacturing quality that is synonymous with the best caravan manufacturers.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Interestingly maybe there is a move towards innovation and built for purpose - Knaus Caravans offer the following

All Knaus vehicles come with a 10-year manufacturer warranty against water ingress, and you can expect superior manufacturing quality that is synonymous with the best caravan manufacturers.
Whilst Knaus do have a good reputation how can you tell if the claim is fulfilled. My last caravan a Swift had similar wording but the devil was in the detail and certain failures associated with plastic panels were excluded. But generally Knaus, Adria and Hymer do seem to be better built. Although Coachman have a deserved reputation amongst British caravans.

Reactions: Deejuk
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Whilst Knaus do have a good reputation how can you tell if the claim is fulfilled. My last caravan a Swift had similar wording but the devil was in the detail and certain failures associated with plastic panels were excluded. But generally Knaus, Adria and Hymer do seem to be better built. Although Coachman have a deserved reputation amongst British caravans.
A bit like a match. It’s only when you strike it you know if it works.

Knaus use some odd wordings. I haven’t seen the actual warranty wording.

IMG_6379.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts