Dartmouth CCC Site (New in 2008)

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
There was a new CCC site opened in 2008 at Stoke Fleming just outside Dartmouth, Devon.

Can anyone who has stayed at or visited this site kindly give me some information/advice about it as we are looking for a site (August) near to Dartmouth this year. We have a 21' van and would ideally like hardstanding with electric.

How far from Dartmouth is it and can it be walked safely?

We also have a very energetic Springer to cater for so access to open areas for her excercise wpould be a bonus. I also assume Blackpool Sands would be off limits to dogs would I be correct?

Any contributions would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks.....

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Paul,

Sorry, don't know anything about the CCC site, but we are booked into the CC site near Dartmouth, called Hillhead. Looks great and gets excellent reviews. Just thought I'd mention it maybe as an alternative for you.

Cheers,

Alex.

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
It's a pleasant site - the hard-standing pitches ( with electrics ) would be on the small side for your van with no chance of erecting an awning.

Walking into Dartmouth is a complete no-no because the roads are very narrow and the hill very long and steep.

No chance of using Blackpool Sands for the dog exercise; they are privately owned and you have pay a fee to park. Slapton sands would perhaps be an area to walk the dog.

If you do go; from Exeter, travel via the A380 round the back of Torquay and on to the upper-ferry at Dartmouth and NOT down the A38 via Buckfastleigh and Totness - with a caravan on the back, this road can be a nightmare.

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
It's a pleasant site - the hard-standing pitches ( with electrics ) would be on the small side for your van with no chance of erecting an awning.

Walking into Dartmouth is a complete no-no because the roads are very narrow and the hill very long and steep.

No chance of using Blackpool Sands for the dog exercise; they are privately owned and you have pay a fee to park. Slapton sands would perhaps be an area to walk the dog.

If you do go; from Exeter, travel via the A380 round the back of Torquay and on to the upper-ferry at Dartmouth and NOT down the A38 via Buckfastleigh and Totness - with a caravan on the back, this road can be a nightmare.
Oliver,

Many thanks, this is everything I need to know.

Best regards

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
its not an actual new site just one thats been taken over used to stay there many years ago as a child blackpool sands is a beach of shale not sand used to walk along the lanes in the area for miles but would imagine there alot busier now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts