Dash cam for reversing

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi All
My wife has just bought a 2014 Ford Focus 1.6 estate.
All good but we are both used to reversing with a reversing camera, very useful for aligning the tow bar with the hitch.
Are there any suggestions for the best dash cam that can also be used as a reversing camera.
Many thanks.
Dave

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nextbase are highly regarded and the prices aren’t too bad. I’ve just had a 522GW fitted to our runabout. Did not purchase the accompanying rear view camera as the car has a reversing camera and didn’t really want a reverse view dash cam. Although you might find dash cam screens a bit small and out of the way for aligning with tow ball/hitch. Why not have a reversing camera fitted by your dealership or auto electrician.

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Nextbase are highly regarded and the prices aren’t too bad. I’ve just had a 522GW fitted to our runabout. Did not purchase the accompanying rear view camera as the car has a reversing camera and didn’t really want a reverse view dash cam. Although you might find dash cam screens a bit small and out of the way for aligning with tow ball/hitch. Why not have a reversing camera fitted by your dealership or auto electrician.
Hi Clive
There is an interesting wireless camera and rear reg plate combo for sale on Amazon, which could possibly do, at £140.

I was thinking there may a dash cam that could provide a similar reverse view but with the added benefit of being a dash cam.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Buy a proper reversing camera rather than a dash camera, A dash cam screen is FAR to small, don't forget it will be near the cars back window! You need a camera with a separate screen

Nov 22, 2023
Visit site
Buy a proper reversing camera rather than a dash camera, A dash cam screen is FAR to small, don't forget it will be near the cars back window! You need a camera with a separate screen
I just fitted a reversing sensor from Ryder Towing. It's built into a number plate holder and uses radio to work the dash-mounted display. I have found it really good so far

Reactions: otherclive

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I just fitted a reversing sensor from Ryder Towing. It's built into a number plate holder and uses radio to work the dash-mounted display. I have found it really good so far

Was it THIS bit of kit, and has that a camera included or just based on ideally suited and in your application located, proximity sensors?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That’s what is said in post 7 which ties on with Jaydugs post. Whilst useful a camera would be a better option. My reversing sensor had two legs and spent journeys in the passenger seat.
I do not have an issue reversing, with or without other half however a camera mounted on the rear of the caravan showing the rear view would be helpful especially in France and Spain where little cars tuck themselves in behind the caravan and you cannot see them. First time you know they are there is if going around a bend or you see their shadow.

TRENDING THREADS