Dashboard cameras?

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Liz bought me a "Prance" dashcam from Amazon (book!) for Christmas, but it packed up this month on its first real test. Got the refund, so what does anyone recommend?

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Tony,
I got one of these,again from Amazon, plus an extra mount for the Motorhome. Been using it for 6 weeks or so, so far so good. :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JE65JW0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I got some money from my kids for my last birthday and splashed it out on a Nextbase 402G. It's not the cheapest animal on the market but ticked all the boxes on my wish list, including GPS tagging average speed, etc.

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought a couple of these really cheap ones from EBay and surprisingly they do work. You have to buy an SD card as well but for under £10 they are better than nothing!

Just search on "dash cam" and list low price forst, then scroll down until you get to about £8.

They are not really HD and even on the higher resolution setting they don't allow you to read a number plate - and nor are they really very wide ange. But they certainly capture what's in front of you and they do work automatically - switch on with the ignitions and start recording, rstart a new file every 3-5 mins and over-write when the card is full.

You could fit two to cover a wider angle or front/rear for under £20!

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought one similar to This One to try in both car and van. I was impressed enough to buy a second so that I have one permanently in each vehicle.

I like the fact that the camera can be clipped into the mount either way up so they can be dash mounted rather than having to find a wiring route from the top of the screen. See Here.

Graham

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
bought a cheap one off ebay last year, A bit fiddley to set up but once done has worked well since then.
Liked it so much bough another for use in the car as well.
Think I paid £26.99 for them btw also bought 2 x 32gb sd cards to use in them

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I recently bought a Mio MiVue 568 Touch, mainly for the motorhome, but got a spare cable and mount so that I can easily transfer it across to the car.

Video quality is excellent in both light and dark.

Ken.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts