DashCams

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I am all for DashCams and have a Nextbase 522. I recently added the rear view module, it all works nicely with little intervention.

I have never needed to make use of the videos but it is nice to have them if needed.

About 10 days ago this happened. Not over-dangerous but stupidity in action.

It took me ages to blur out the number plates, really hard to do.

Let me know if the videos don't work, please.

John

PS

This is a Dropbox link, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am all for DashCams and have a Nextbase 522. I recently added the rear view module, it all works nicely with little intervention.

I have never needed to make use of the videos but it is nice to have them if needed.

About 10 days ago this happened. Not over-dangerous but stupidity in action.

It took me ages to blur out the number plates, really hard to do.

Let me know if the videos don't work, please.

John
Sorry John, it didn't work for me, it came over as downloaded but nothing opened up. I am using Lenovo Android Tablet.
I have the Nextbase 322 WP. I will try downloading from it and let you know.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What I did previously was to take snapshots out of the video as I don't think you can upload video to this forum.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Sorry John, it didn't work for me, it came over as downloaded but nothing opened up. I am using Lenovo Android Tablet.
I have the Nextbase 322 WP. I will try downloading from it and let you know.
It works for me, but that might be because I am logged on to that account.

I will upload them to Dropbox shortly, that should work.

John

PS

This is a Dropbox link, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It worked fine for me as a shared Apple ICloud link. Very clear videos. What are they like when the sun is coming at you or at night.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I had an incident a while back. My dashcam proved what I said happened IS what happened or it would have been "knock for knock"
Dash cam £95 policy excess £350 , decent investment I reckon.
P.s. its also a Nextbase, I love their software on your computer that shows your speed and track on a moving map.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It worked fine for me as a shared Apple ICloud link. Very clear videos. What are they like when the sun is coming at you or at night.
Can’t say I have had a problem with the sun. There is a polarised filter on my front camera. Nighttime is obviously poorer and depends a lot on the quality of the camera. I think Nextbase are quite good.

It should not have been necessary to be an Apple user to access the files.

Strange.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Wouldn't be without mine recording. Motor a write off.. Insurence took one look had a new motor within two weeks.
Longer ordeal for the Volvo driver.
View: https://youtu.be/WC3A5xc5WEM
Half a second quicker and you would have been T boned. Was the other driver taken to court for jumping his red light.

I‘ve been 50/50 about a dash cam, but am becoming more aware of their advantages and given cars now archive so much data about your driving I am giving thought to having one fitted. Fathers Day soon.

Reactions: Hutch and DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Half a second quicker and you would have been T boned. Was the other driver taken to court for jumping his red light.

I‘ve been 50/50 about a dash cam, but am becoming more aware of their advantages and given cars now archive so much data about your driving I am giving thought to having one fitted. Fathers Day soon.
He was offered driver awareness course. That cost him a bob or two.

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

We bought our new Nextbase 622GW direct from Nextbase and the kit incl rear camera & fitting was cheaper than anywhere else although we did have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. We moved the old Nextbase dashcam 412GW from the Jeep to OH's Corolla as we have more near misses in that little car than the Jeep. Not sure why?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We bought our new Nextbase 622GW direct from Nextbase and the kit incl rear camera & fitting was cheaper than anywhere else although we did have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. We moved the old Nextbase dashcam 412GW from the Jeep to OH's Corolla as we have more near misses in that little car than the Jeep. Not sure why?
Do Nextbase provide a local approved fitting service then?

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Had a motor in a stealers, had a gear box problem. I was given a small Adam as a courtesy car. and I notice a certain amount of bullying from other bigger motors.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Do Nextbase provide a local approved fitting service then?
I don't think they are local, but travel nationwide to do fitting at your home. Very nice gentleman took about 2 hours to do ours although we had the front connection fitted for the previous camera. Running cable for rear camera a bit of a hassle on Jeep otherwise I would have done it myself. Very neat job and |I think worth every penny. See here. (y):D

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think they are local, but travel nationwide to do fitting at your home. Very nice gentleman took about 2 hours to do ours although we had the front connection fitted for the previous camera. Running cable for rear camera a bit of a hassle on Jeep otherwise I would have done it myself. Very neat job and |I think worth every penny. See here. (y):D
Thank you that’s moved me above the 50% mark 👍

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Top of the range. Wow.

Which rearview camera did you get, they do 3, A cabin view, a rear view from the front, or, what I have, the golf ball that fits on the rear screen.

I think mine gives the best view but needs a lot of wor to hide the wire.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Top of the range. Wow.

Which rearview camera did you get, they do 3, A cabin view, a rear view from the front, or, what I have, the golf ball that fits on the rear screen.

I think mine gives the best view but needs a lot of wor to hide the wire.

John
Rear view camera fitted onto the tailgate. On the screen there is a small insert for viewing through the rear view camera. Obviously I have never seen it in action as my camera is mounted so that I cannot view the screen from the driver's seat.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts