Daytrip to Dublin on the cheap

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Soon I will be going to North Wales, not in the tourer but staying in a static as this is something we have done for twelve years now. The site we stay at the Eisteddfa Caravan and Camping site takes tourers of course but when I suggested taking our van the wife said no she wants only ever to stay in the static (caravan A) at the site. If we took the tourer to N Wales one site she would not want to go is the Eisteddfa site because she would not like seeing other people in her beloved caravan A. Eisteddfa is a great site for tourers, well laid out and being half way between Porth Maddog and Cricceth it is ideal situated for site seeing.

Back to my subject. One of the things I have pondered over is going for a day trip to Dublin. We have been to Holyhead a couple of times while exploring and seen the ferries going over to Ireland. I have seen the Stena Line do a cheap £5 pp on Tuesdays to Dublin which is so great value maybe I can finally ass Ireland as a country I have visited. So now I ask the forum for any that may have visited Dublin for advice and tips for possible visit. I would be travelling with wife and two children (13 and 7). The wife cannot walk long distances as she is still recovering for a heart attack last year. Posted in other forums.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Haven't been to Dublin for some time but there is a 'hop on, hop off' tour bus that goes round the city and stops at all the major sights. My Mum with severe arthritis in both knees managed that OK and we just got off at a few places for little walk round.
The queues to see the Book of Kells can be quite long so if you want to see that maybe go there first.
Its a lovely place to visit and people very warm and friendly.

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I have been advised that it is not worth the queue for the Book of Kells which is more of a wait for a page as it is just open on one page. It also costs too much to see it.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I would agree - we didn't bother as my Mum could not stand for very long to queue anyway.
We just enjoyed the tour mainly - Temple bar is nice to wander round and the Guiness storehouse was interesting even though we don't drink it !

TRENDING THREADS