dcaravanning - and boating

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking for ideas. We want a small boat - car top or inflatable - for pottering about coves with on caravanning holidays. It is for two adults + 2 kids but ideally would have a 4 adult capacity so it will last as the kids grow older. Budget's an issue, some of the boats we've seen on the www are priced at about £2000! Any ideas welcome. Thanks

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Liz, look up WWW.compass24.com

(may be .co.uk!) the are a nautical on line catalouge, and have a nice inflatable on their current issue, happy sailing!

JimF

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have a Mirror Dinghy which goes on the roof of the car,It can hold 4 adults and you can, sail, it row it and we also have a small outboard engine, hope this is of some help to you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Like Allan I also have a Mirror but I was afraid to mention it in case it was thought too old fashioned! Its brilliant and thoroughly recommended. I built mine from a kit (can you still do that) for

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks guys for taking the time to reply. The only compass boats we've seen seemed a bit small so we've been looking at Excel inflatables ... the Mirror sounds good too, I didn't realise it would take 4 adults. We already have a rather ancient and small Seagull outboard. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts