Dealing with smells in my caravan

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys. First time post looking for some advice on dealing with smells in my caravan. I've been caravaning for about a year now and have recently acquired a couple of new members of the family (2 Cocker Spaniels). I was just wondering if anyone has any experience in dealing with smells in their caravan, I've tried some air purifiers without much success. Someone advised me to get an ozone generator, wasn't too sure what one was so did a Google search, they seem quite expensive but look like they might do the job. Before I take the plunge does anyone have experience with ozone generators? For those of you (like me) who don't know what an ozone generator is take a look here. Thanks in advance, Pete.

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
While in the van we do our best to dry and keep the dogs out of the van while they are drying,we put the heater on in the awning and they stay till they are dry, its that wet dog smell that seams to linger.
We have 2 springers, We dont have carpets in the van, and use microfiber
blankets to cover the seats, when we clean the van after use, I wash
the blankets with a scoop of Vanish extra hygiene, and make sure that
the cushions are hovered and I spray them with fabreeze. I also wash
the dog towels and their beds with vanish.This works for us, and I dont use an air freshner.

The ozone generator seams a good idea, but for £55 that a bit expensive,

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Connie said:
While in the van we do our best to dry and keep the dogs out of the van while they are drying,we put the heater on in the awning and they stay till they are dry, its that wet dog smell that seams to linger.
We have 2 springers, We dont have carpets in the van, and use microfiber
blankets to cover the seats, when we clean the van after use, I wash
the blankets with a scoop of Vanish extra hygiene, and make sure that
the cushions are hovered and I spray them with fabreeze. I also wash
the dog towels and their beds with vanish.This works for us, and I dont use an air freshner.

The ozone generator seams a good idea, but for £55 that a bit expensive,

We also have blankets to cover the seats, backs and cushions. We vacuum the caravan carpets every second day and have them cleaned once a year applying Scotchgard afterwards although not sure if it actually works. No doggy smell anwe have 4 Yorkshire terriers and a pussy cat.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Yep...........Febreeze certainly works for us as well.
Obviously its difficult to get them completley dry especially after the "last wee wee of the evening"but we havent noticed any strange smells after using the Febreeze.

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Pete
We have Golden Retriever and understand where your coming from and hate damp dog smell, we like others suggest cover the seats with throws but also have micro towelling robe we put on the dog it not only dries the dog but captures the smells also (purchased it on eBay),

Di

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts