Deflating an air awning

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have a pump that gives us the option of either inflating or deflating the air awning. However to deflate the awning where and how do you connect the pump to deflate the awning? Do you use another adaptor? I have asked the question previously, but only got around to trying it a a few weeks ago and no luck. Thanks.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It may depend on the awning make. The one we had, (very briefly as it was awful). You turned the valve on the awning to a deflate position which held the valve open. Then switched to deflate.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Similar to my sons Vango air beam tent, and a double air mattress that I have. I guess most air equipment will be like that now.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Apologies I did not make myself clear. We want to remove all the air from the tubes using the pump.
Yes that’s what my sons air beam tent allows him to do. But his pump does have two ports. A suction port and a inflating port as does my air mattress. You just swop the nozzle adaptor between the two.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yes that’s what my sons air beam tent allows him to do. But his pump does have two ports. A suction port and a inflating port as does my air mattress. You just swop the nozzle adaptor between the two.
Where do you connect it to the air awning? On the Kampa awning we seem to have only one outlet, but on windbreak we have a seperate deflation point in addition to opening the valve by the inflation point. Is there an adaptor that can connect to this outlet.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Where do you connect it to the air awning? On the Kampa awning we seem to have only one outlet, but on windbreak we have a seperate deflation point in addition to opening the valve by the inflation point. Is there an adaptor that can connect to this outlet.
Sorry but I can’t help any more as I’m only au fait with the kit we have in the family. Is there a manual you could download from the Kampa website?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Vango Air Awning the tubes valve and a cap are in open setting to close you use the cap and the same when you want it open on the vango pump there is 3 snozzles the white snozzle Adaptor is for the tubes and the air awning the other two snozzle adaptor are for air beds
On the top of the manual vango pump deflate and inflate we will be using inflate then you put dumb valve and the pressure gauge. for the tubes valve and awning .valve

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Is it the manual pump or electric, my electric pump had an assortment of valve sizes to fit pretty much anything and it could be switched to inflate or deflate, as far as I remember it was the same inlet/outlet on the Kampa but if your using a manual pump you probably won’t have the option, even though I could use deflate I never found the need, undo the valve and by the time I’d folded it most of the air was gone, Kampa also came with an oversize bag to pack it in so even with some air left in it the bag was plenty big enough which I thought was a great idea of Kampa, lots of things that come in a bag are never big enough to put it back in.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Is it the manual pump or electric, my electric pump had an assortment of valve sizes to fit pretty much anything and it could be switched to inflate or deflate, as far as I remember it was the same inlet/outlet on the Kampa but if your using a manual pump you probably won’t have the option, even though I could use deflate I never found the need, undo the valve and by the time I’d folded it most of the air was gone, Kampa also came with an oversize bag to pack it in so even with some air left in it the bag was plenty big enough which I thought was a great idea of Kampa, lots of things that come in a bag are never big enough to put it back in.
The bag is more than big enough but then takes up a lot more unnecessary space so just looking to make it a bit smaller by getting rid of all the air if possible.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’m never short of space it’s weight I am always looking to get rid of and I don’t think the air left in the awning weighs very much.

BP

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
On our Kampa Air 390 there was a single inflation point and deflation pints in each of the 4 “legs”. Once opened most of the air came out of its own accord and the rest when it was folder, never felt the need to use the pump.
Our Vango Rapide Air is a different beast. The inflation and deflation point is the same one and you have to twist the valve to keep it open, which doesn’t always seem to work so I have to hold it open as we roll the awning. Hence using the manual pump to deflate is better.
Mel

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts