Deisel in France

May 11, 2017
Visit site
As on the UK motorways, fuel will be significantly more expensive on the autoroutes than in the supermarket. When we head to the south of France we often unhitch for our overnight stops and my husband nips to the local supermarket.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On a trip of that length the difference if any is so marginal as to not be worth chasing on cost grounds. But I would top up at Dover then you can drive further into France on your tankful which gives more flexibility on where you stop. It also avoids the hassle of stopping at the first fuel station from Calais and queuing with those other Brits trying to save a quid on a holiday costing a thousand or so.

Try this website from French government which shows French fuel prices across all Departments. Much depends on your exchange rate, how you pay and if the transaction incurs a fee. On £1 gets you €1.14 then Diesel in Calais is about £1.27 per litre. I’m getting it cheaper in Wiltshire at supermarkets and £1.32 for branded diesel. Macron has made France quite expensive for fuel as well as other commodity increases too but not all down to Macron.

https://www.prix-carburants.gouv.fr/

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
The twice we have driven down to Dover from the Sunderland area I normally get down to about Stansted Airport , theres a filling station there where we have a break and watch a few planes come in and out , top the tank to full and ive about an hours and a half travel to the site , so I'm nion full for when we get into france for a good few hours steady away .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As the others have said, Its a long run down, I tend to fill just outside Dover , that gives me 300 miles of fuel, then a pitch up, off to the supermarket, back to a cold beer/wine ready for the next day, . Enjoy your trip.

TRENDING THREADS