Detachable Tow bars

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi
Are ALCO stabilisers OK with detachable tow bars ?
Changing my motor and don't want to keep walking into the tow ball :blush: :blush:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave,

The ALKO stabalisers are now virtually the industry standard for caravans and many other trailers, so I pretty certain that any respectable towbar/ball manufacture will either be Ok or at least offer a compatible version.

There must now be tens of thousands of caravanners who use detachable towballs with ALKO hitches. So the general answer is yes. but to be doubly sure, simply ask your supplier for one that is ALKO compatible.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I use an ALKO stabiliser with a detachable tow ball,when I bought the car it never occurred to me that such an arrangement would not be compatable.

May 23, 2014
Visit site
bertieboy1 said:
I use an ALKO stabiliser with a detachable tow ball,when I bought the car it never occurred to me that such an arrangement would not be compatable.
Hi bertieboy1,
Am I right in saying, you have found a case where a detachable towbar is NOT compatible with an Alko Stabiliser?
If so, can you give more details please ? i.e. what car and which alko

As a towbar centre who has always told customers the detachable towbar is compatible with the Alko, I would interested to learn of exceptions.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
morris1981 said:
bertieboy1 said:
Hi bertieboy1,
Am I right in saying, you have found a case where a detachable towbar is NOT compatible with an Alko Stabiliser?
If so, can you give more details please ? i.e. what car and which alko

As a towbar centre who has always told customers the detachable towbar is compatible with the Alko, I would interested to learn of exceptions.

I think you may be reading too much into Bertie's comment. I read it as he was never aware they may have been a possible conflict. However I maintain you should alway make a point of asking the fitters, then there is no doubt of the customers intended purpose in the event of a non compatability issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts