Dethleffs 520 v Lunar Quasar 615

Aug 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anybody have an opinion on the above two caravans which we are considering buying.

The layouts are very similar but the quasar is longer (twin axle).

It is the Fixed Bunks at the rear within their own area that appeals. Are there other caravans with the same configuration that we should consider?

Thanks

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Robert,

Can't help you on the layouts, but as far as the Dethleffs go I have to say we are very happy with our DL540. Very comfortable, well put together, good finnish and tows very well. Did look at the Geist but overall preffered the Dethleffs. Some insurers did decline to quote because it was "German", not the CC though and they gave me a very good policy at a competitive cost.

Graham F

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Robert

The devils in the detail. The Lunar is light for its size, the Dethleffs is heavy. Is there a differnce in build quality, probably,

It all comes down to personal preference of exterior and interior looks. Can you live with door on the right hand side for the german van, can you live with slightly flimsier internal fittings in the Lunar. Do you want a single large window at the front or 3, that type of thing.

If you can't decide doa SWOT analysis too see if you can get any closer. Then sit in each one for as long as you want to see which you could live the most.

Other people can only give their general opinions, and I have a Bailey Provence, as it had the layout, interior quality, overall build quality, value for money and just as importantly a good dealer backup, plus warranty from Bailey in the event of anything going wrong.

Sorry to put a spanner in the works, as it doesn't make your task any easier.

Aug 14, 2005
Visit site
Robert

The devils in the detail. The Lunar is light for its size, the Dethleffs is heavy. Is there a differnce in build quality, probably,

It all comes down to personal preference of exterior and interior looks. Can you live with door on the right hand side for the german van, can you live with slightly flimsier internal fittings in the Lunar. Do you want a single large window at the front or 3, that type of thing.

If you can't decide doa SWOT analysis too see if you can get any closer. Then sit in each one for as long as you want to see which you could live the most.

Other people can only give their general opinions, and I have a Bailey Provence, as it had the layout, interior quality, overall build quality, value for money and just as importantly a good dealer backup, plus warranty from Bailey in the event of anything going wrong.

Thanks

Robert

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
Robert

Hi

As the proud owner of a Dethleffs for me there is no option,Incidentaley the door is on the nearside not the offside and admitidly (spelt rong) the dethleffs is a heavier van than many of its counterparts but that is for a simple reason as the Dethleffs is winterised. Good luck

Tom

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

As the proud owner of a Dethleffs for me there is no option,Incidentaley the door is on the nearside not the offside and admitidly (spelt rong) the dethleffs is a heavier van than many of its counterparts but that is for a simple reason as the Dethleffs is winterised. Good luck

Tom
We have a Dethleffs and are very pleased with ot. The dealer was a disaster so do some searches on them as well as the caravan. If we get another caravn we would get one but seek out a better dealer (posts being "nasty" about dealers tend to be taken off so I'll not say who, but search out the names)

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Just looking back through the topics as I am new to this site and wondered what caravan you have gone for. We have just bought a Lunar Quasar 615 because the layout is so good for children, have to say I never saw the Dethleffs 520 - We did look at loads of vans and kept coming back to the Quasar.

Apr 19, 2005
Visit site
Dethleffs anyday !!! Lunars are light and that is relevant in the build quality , very poor indeed, I sold mine after a year because it was falling apart !!!.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks a lot Mark G!! I hope you were just unlucky with your Lunar and that not all of their vans 'fall apart'otherwise I've just wasted

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts