Dethleffs trend

Feb 29, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, just bought 3 year old motorhome. First time we've taken it out I put about 25 litres of water in fresh water tank. On site, when I turn on any tap, the water pump pumps a little water through the tap or shower or flushes toilet but also pumps water out of a blue hose underneath the van (not grey water tank which is closed) ) Is this something simple that I'm missing or a more technical problem?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Could it be your freshwater system drain which would have been opened to drain the system for travel or frost protection. Your Owners Manual should have the required information.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Is it coming out of the hose as if so it sounds like a burst or from the drain valve which might be partly open. You are in the caravan section so not sure of the layout but the drain valve on a caravan would normally be near the water inlet.
It might be better using the motorhome section at the bottom of the forum, as there is more chance of someone there being more familiar with the layout.

Feb 29, 2020
Visit site
Is it coming out of the hose as if so it sounds like a burst or from the drain valve which might be partly open. You are in the caravan section so not sure of the layout but the drain valve on a caravan would normally be near the water inlet.
It might be better using the motorhome section at the bottom of the forum, as there is more chance of someone there being more familiar with the layout.
Thanks for that.

Feb 29, 2020
Visit site
Could it be your freshwater system drain which would have been opened to drain the system for travel or frost protection. Your Owners Manual should have the required information.
That's for your reply. I have looked at the owners manual which didn't cover the problem. The drain **** is also tightly closed.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As the purchase was from a dealer, then they should be able to advise, and of course if there is a fault, they are responsible under the Consumer Rights Act to sort it out.

Feb 29, 2020
Visit site
As the purchase was from a dealer, then they should be able to advise, and of course if there is a fault, they are responsible under the Consumer Rights Act to sort it out.
Thanks, the motorhome was purchased in Spain so slightly different consumer rights apply. Good news is that around 2am this morning I found myself awake thinking about the problem. Don't know why but I looked at the only source I hadn't checked which was the hot water boiler. Near there was a tap with a pressure switch that pops out when water pressure too high or when boiler needs emptying. Clicked that and everything fine. Was an option added after motorhome bought so not in user manual. Thanks everyone for your advice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts