Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am thinking of buying a Dethleff 520L it has all the features we require and looks a good build i cant find any review of this model and only a general mention of Dethleffs which is all positive. Are there may out there?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Dethleffs caravans have quite a good reputation but to my knowledge, the 520 has a very low payload which would be worth checking. As far as I know, the MIRO is around 1270kg and the MTPLM is 1400kg, leaving you with only 130kg payload. This isn't really enough for a family's holiday luggage. I may be wrong but I'd advise you to make sure first.

Apr 10, 2005
Visit site
Dethleff "MIRO" includes the weight of 2 11kg gas bottles, extension cables, spare wheel and other ancilliaries totalling about 90kg I've been told by agents WestYorks Caravans. This takes the MIRO down to 1178kg from 1270.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul, Took delivery of our Dethleffs DL540 a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've been all over it but can't fault it at all for build quality and just generally very impressive. So far we have only stayed in it one night (collection day). It was extremely comfortable, quiet, plenty of hot water so boads very well for the future. This coming weekend we're off for a long weekend to really try it out. Judging by the competion I looked at Dethleffs will become very sought after vans. Any other queries just mail me at Gf289@aol.com.

Regards

Graham

Aug 23, 2005
Visit site
Graham

Now a few months on, how have you found the 540L. I am looking at either the 520 or 530 - any advise or feedback?

Paul - did you decide to go for the 520L in the end?

Thanks

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
By chance I was at W Yorks caravans today, and looking at the these vans. I picked up a brochure too, and the figures quoted by Lutz are accurate. I agree that they are very well made and have a durable solid feel about them. Being tall, the 6`5" interior height was welcome and unusual. The drawer bar seems and looks unnecessartily long, though it has a platform presumably for washing the front-which itself has an uncluttered 1 piece window.

The side bunk/dinette on the 540 is wider than similar designs. My 10 year old daughter thought the fixed bunks on the 520 were 'cool'-and they were sturdily constructed. To me, the payload of 130 Kg across almost the whole range would be too low-now if there was a twin axle....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts