Devon in august - NEED HELP

May 29, 2007
Visit site
I need to find a site in Devon from 11th - 18th of August. I have tried everywhere and can,t find what i want. I am looking for smaller sites with Electric hookup that allows dogs. Easy i hear you cry- not so says i. All i am getting are big sites.

Can anyone surgest or recommend any. Thanks in advance Diane :0)

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
There are plenty of CLs in Devon, if you are prepared to use your own shower/toilet you will widen the search.

We stayed at nice CL called Woodlands nr Okehampton for a few weekend nights in the school holidays last year (either side of our main holiday at a rally), large field run by a friendly couple and we were the only van there for 2 out of 3 nights - very nice.

At the time they were only charging

Sep 11, 2006
Visit site
TRy Dolton Caravan Park Dolton,Right in village It,s great there

last week.2 pubs butchers shop on bus route In C_C_C Big Sites Book

No 180-117 dave

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Yes, we like Woodland springs. Its a very quiet site, nicely managed, tidy and pretty. Its not far from the A30 Whiddon down junction - but the site is so quiet all you can hear are the cows mooing!

Nice dog walk on site and also close to our favourite dog walk at Fingle Bridge (nice pub by the river) with riverside walks (you should check it out).

You should have a great time.

May 29, 2007
Visit site
Chelsea, I have heard that this site is an adults only site, is this true. Because if it is, as much i like children, thats even better. :-}

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
yes it is adults only Diane!

We went there twice last year just for a quick getaway as its about 40 mins from us.

The resident owners are very friendly/helpful. They are improving the park all the time, there is a small shop onsite. We didnt use the onsite facilities (we use our own). Its pretty with shrubs/plants/picnic tables around pitches. Really easy access with no narrow roads to tackle from the A30.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Diane try Widend Caravan Site in Paignton (01803 550116). It is a quiet family run site with spotless facilities. Speak to Julie the owner and mention our names if you wish - Myrna & Colin from Bridgend. We have been going there for years with no regrets at all. They accept children as well as dogs but there is no problem there. It has a small club house for a quiet drink and social chat and an outdoor swimming pool. Also a shop and part time take away. Very central for Paignton, Torquay and Totness. With a bit of luck we will be going there again in late August having already been there during the half term in May.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Diane try Widend Caravan Site in Paignton (01803 550116). It is a quiet family run site with spotless facilities. Speak to Julie the owner and mention our names if you wish - Myrna & Colin from Bridgend. We have been going there for years with no regrets at all. They accept children as well as dogs but there is no problem there. It has a small club house for a quiet drink and social chat and an outdoor swimming pool. Also a shop and part time take away. Very central for Paignton, Torquay and Totness. With a bit of luck we will be going there again in late August having already been there during the half term in May.
PS forgot to mention - if you do go there make a jam sponge for Jim - he is a widower and a retired helper on site from south Wales. Very helpful and friendly sort of chap - TRUE WELSH.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts