DFDS Caravan Show ferry offers - user ENEC13

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
The Caravan Show DFDS offer is available from the Show magazine, and gives a link to http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/offers/caravanshow/?trackingurl=85168dc7-1c9a-44fe-9b1c-338df7bff2b2
1. Offers only to Dunkerque from Dover, but separate offers on other DFDS routes. Use code ENEC13
Terms for Dover to Dunkerque (sadly not as good as last year). Our dates are coming out at £49.00 each way, for our length caravan (select lengths carefully!)Travel from only £39 each way on our Dover to Dunkirk route
Our Dover to Dunkirk route provides up to 24 daily sailings so you can choose the crossing time that suits your travel plans.
  • Caravans & motorhomes + 4 people can travel from only £39 each way any time of the day with this offer. Valid on departures from 6 Jan until 18 Dec 2014.*
  • Book by 24 Oct 2013. Offer code: ENEC13.
*£10 supplement applies to Fri & Sat departures

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Val,
I was really looking forward to getting the DFDS ferry code for next year, but spending some time trying out The DFDS web site, I like you, have come up with a price of £98.00 on a return trip with the 'van. (I'm really curious as to DFDS pricing on this offer as the price of £39.00 is for 'vans under 5 meters in length, haven't seen a 'van that size in years, so the offer looks a bit of a con trick to me).
Not withstanding, having tried the Caravan Club site for prices, which are coming up around £124.00 for the dates we want to travel, either with P&O or DFDS, the DFDS offer does save you £20.00.
The down side is, is it worth booking a trip for £98.00 now, for an April 2014 sailing?, or wait until perhaps a new offer appears around February 2014. If we all boycot their current offer, perhaps they would be forced to bring the price down. We paid £58.00 last year, so to think that the current offer is £40.00 dearer, is a bitter pill to swallow!
I decided to wait, and see what happens re the prices after the turn of the year.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I too was disappointed with the details of the offer, and the fact that the smaller caravans are the only ones which can benefit from the really low prices.
I shall check out the Caravan Club website tomorrow, as their DFDS prices aren't working now (they were a couple of weeks ago) and I suspect they were taken down to change the details for this offer!
When I find out what the Caravan Club offers then I may make a decision.

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Val
Even with the increase I booked two trips this coming new year.
However I have just checked with DFDS and this year they are not giving us the chance to amend any changes until 30th June as they have in previous years. Amendment fees wil now be payable.So the NEC offers are nowhere as good as they used to be and in future years we will change our loyalties!!!
John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I think its now down to supply and demand with the recession easing companies can now make changes, or charges that will increase their profitability. I am seeing quite a few area where prices or terms and conditions have moved towards the suppliers interests. But as you say its the consumers choice ( well almost!)

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Further !!! I have just put in the same dates as my NEC booking and guess the price is less !!!
As with british gas increase vote with your boots on???
John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts