DFDS Dunkirk Address

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
If you use Google maps, and find the port, then click on 'What's Here' it comes up with the following:
http://www.practicalcaravan.com/# 51.019802, 2.192116

Placement on map is approximate
+51° 1' 11.29", +2° 11' 31.62"http://www.practicalcaravan.com/#

Get directions
I presume these are the co-ordinates you want. We don't have a SatNav so I'm not sure!
I'm presuming that these are the POI coordinates that you want. We don't have a SatNav!

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
......there is now a new entrance/exit road to the port and it is unlikely to be on your satnav mapping.
If you are going there be prepared !!

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
….....If you did have a satnav you would know that it tells you exactly where you are in real time.
You would also know that it will throw a wobbler if due to out of date mapping it thinks you are driving off road.
I was advising the OP to expect this to happen at Dunkirk due to the ports new road layout.

The OP has told us he has a satnav which is their choice as is whether they switch it on or not.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
….....If you did have a satnav you would know that it tells you exactly where you are in real time.
You would also know that it will throw a wobbler if due to out of date mapping it thinks you are driving off road.
I was advising the OP to expect this to happen at Dunkirk due to the ports new road layout.

The OP has told us he has a satnav which is their choice as is whether they switch it on or not.

I totally agree with these comments - woe betide anyone who tells me to switch my satnav off, or to throw it in the oggin because they don't have one!

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
The comments by Clubman and myself now appear not to make sense as other posts in this topic have been edited.

I once used my satnav to help enter the port of Dunkirk with a car and caravan when returning from Spain in early March.
The visibility was about 7 meters due to early morning fog (7am)
.....it was a great help showing me exactly where I was as I could not see a thing!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
The comments by Clubman and myself now appear not to make sense as other posts in this topic have been edited.....
Aplogies Bill, I was asked to edit the post in question, and I unusually for me did this without saving the edited text
smiley-embarassed.gif

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Came back through Dunkirk on Sunday ( the port is at Loon-Plage) and was thrown by the new access road flyover. Car Ferry is signposted from a number of miles away I always enter / leave the port via the D601 to fuel up at the Auchan store which is just off junction 54 of the A16 coastal motorway and then onto the A25 to Lille to avoid a lot of the tolls..

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi All, Thanks for the trouble to answer my query. Just one comment about the replys. I did not want the DFDS address for arriving in France but rather the reverse. I wanted the info for my return from six weeks in Euroland.
Bill

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
......there is now a new entrance/exit road to the port and it is unlikely to be on your satnav mapping.
If you are going there be prepared !!

Carwyn said:
Came back through Dunkirk on Sunday ( the port is at Loon-Plage) and was thrown by the new access road flyover.

Hello bill (loads of numbers) .... this is what I was trying to help you with in my earlier posts.

The entrance to the port is now off a newly built roundabout and if following your satnav, the mapping is unlikely to show this.
This roundabout links to a new road which takes you over the railway and again is not likely to be shown on you satnav mapping.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't the satnav have a 'where am I ' option which you just save as you leave the ferry and then use it to bring you back on your return. Although the revised port approach road may cause it a problem if your maps are not updated. Perhaps better to hit the 'where am I' button just as you join the public roads. But to be honest finding Dunkerque is not that difficult just head north with the sun going from your right to left behind the car and you hit a stretch of water called English Channel!! LOL

TRENDING THREADS