Diana Ross

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have no idea on that Lisa,
I have always been a great Diana Ross fan, and when I was in the R.A.F in the early 70's I and three of my mates saved a whole months money to go and see her at Talk of The Town, and were lucky to be invited to meet her after the show.
We were soooooooooo nervous that none of us could say a single word when we were taken to meet her, but she was amazing and soon put us at ease and we had a really great time with our very gracious hostess.

I know th edaughter of a couple on the Island who went to work for Diana as a nursemaid, some years later than when we met her,and she said she was a real ***** to work for,,,,,her words not mine...........

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Philspadders said:
Misogynistic comment removed

Parksy (Moderator)

Gee Parksy most of us are caravaners not professors------- Misogynistic----
Dont worry , the wonder of the web, he he
They say you learn something everyday
smiley-smile.gif

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Philspadders said:
Misogynistic comment removed

Parksy (Moderator)

I don't know what the comment was but Philspadders, that's rich coming from someone who says 'be polite' to people who phone you from call centres.
smiley-sealed.gif

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
I have no idea on that Lisa,
I have always been a great Diana Ross fan, and when I was in the R.A.F in the early 70's I and three of my mates saved a whole months money to go and see her at Talk of The Town, and were lucky to be invited to meet her after the show.
We were soooooooooo nervous that none of us could say a single word when we were taken to meet her, but she was amazing and soon put us at ease and we had a really great time with our very gracious hostess.

LOL! at Damian, bless. Have you got any pics of yourself in your uniform? (Said in a non pervy way).
smiley-cool.gif

Lisa

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
[/quote]
Dustydog said:
Parksy
Obviously you went to a boys only school.
smiley-laughing.gif
I did go to a boys only school where we were taught not to be misogynists
smiley-laughing.gif

Lord Braykewynde said:
Education had obviously improved from the 50s then
smiley-frown.gif
unless misogynisym was a phenomenon of the 60s
smiley-smile.gif
^ another big word
Brave New World and all that back then Lord B
smiley-laughing.gif

If misogynism was a 60s phenomenon we as teenagers did our best to try to redress the balance by attempting to show young women how much we liked them at every opportunity .
Nice use of 'phenomenon' LB, it just goes to show what an erudite forum good old PCv has become.
↑a small but still quite good word for today

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Lisa
In answer to your OP it is possible Diana Ross may at some time have been a Misandrist hence why she attracted gay men.
^ another big word nearly as good as LBs

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'd venture to suggest that gay men might tend to be more misogynistic but according to Damians acquaintance who worked for Ms Ross the singer might have been a misanthrope.
Female 'icons' such as Diana Ross, Lisa Minelli and Marylyn Monroe appear to be a focus for gay male gynocentrism
look that one up then!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Parksy - Moderator said:
I'd venture to suggest that gay men might tend to be more misogynistic but according to Damians acquaintance who worked for Ms Ross the singer might have been a misanthrope.
Female 'icons' such as Diana Ross, Lisa Minelli and Marylyn Monroe appear to be a focus for gay male gynocentrism
consciousness understanding its physical and metaphysical origins.
There is nothing like a fusillade of acateleptic verbiage to make even the most puerile asseverations seem the acme of sagacious perspicacity.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
"Quote"
There is nothing like a fusillade of acateleptic verbiage to make even the most puerile asseverations seem the acme of sagacious perspicacity

I was going to reply, but then I thought GEE, GAWD, BLIMEY, hang on Kev you only went to grammer school, leave this well alone

wet.gif

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, I do have one pic of me in uniform somewhere in a box which I will endeavour to find.
Sadly I did not take many pictures of my time in the RAF, something which I regret now.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
There is nothing like a fusillade of acateleptic verbiage to make even the most puerile asseverations seem the acme of sagacious perspicacity.
I see that you were also educated in the late 50s or early 60s Lord B.
You took the words right out of my mouth, great minds think alike (fools never differ)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Parksy - Moderator said:
The benefits of a 1960s education
smiley-wink.gif

Education had obviously improved from the 50s then
smiley-frown.gif

unless misogynisym was a phenomenon of the 60s
smiley-smile.gif
^ another big word

Not a phenomenon of the 60s; rather it was discovered in the 60s. (hence the conflagration of brassiers).
mel
mel

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I think it may have something to do with the title of one of her biggest hits " I'm Coming Out ".

Kylie Minogue is a similar icon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts