Diesel in Spain

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there

I've just been reading the 'first time in France'message and my question is. Does the same thing apply in Spain with diesel being cheaper at supermarkets than on the Motorways??

regards

Carole

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Hi Carole, I have only caravanned in the Costa Bravo area of Spain, but in my experience, I dont think I have ever seen a filling station at a Spanish supermarket!, Diesel is still very much cheaper than in France!

JimF

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Carole....The big Hypermarkets, like Carrefours, do have fuel forecourts attached but most Supermarkets do not. Prices for diesel, when we left in June were 92cents (about 63p) a ltr. This was about 3cents cheaper than most roadside forecourts. So there was not a massive saving to be had to specifically go to the Hypermarket, just for fuel.

Also, what I did'nt find when driving through Spain was they don't seem to have the big regional price differentials in fuel that we have here in the UK. I passed a garage on the A140 in Norfolk last week that was selling diesel at 101.9p ltr. At my local Sainsburys on Saturday it was is 92.9p ltr.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've found that some of the smaller garages may be cheaper than the big chains eg Repsol. For example the station next to camping at Manzanera (between Tereul and Valencia) was 10 cents down on the nearest Repsol - with a 90litre tank this makes enough difference for several bottles of wine !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts