diesel vectra whats its like?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
what van? Its probably real good towing a 12foot 2 birth but may be real bad towing a 21foot 6 birth.

How good a car tows really is dependant on the weight, size and shape of what it is towing. Let us know what van and we could probably help.

Steve

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Not got a diesel but a 2.0 SRI Estate - found it Ok for a 1.3T MTPLM but if yours is a saloon you would be limited to about 1.2T for an 85% match. Main problem is not the power or torque (diesel would have even more torque than mine) but the wheel spin with the FWD. Wet field and muddy slippery incline from standing start is very tricky - mine has traction control but that is no good as it applies the brakes to the slpping wheel and on a slope with a caravan that tends to stall the engine. If you switch it off it is very difficult to control wheel spin in the above conditions. I have given up using it as a regular tow car as cannot get it and caravan up sloping lane from storage site when wet and am fed up with chosing pitches where the rig can drive off down hill!

Have been almost bogged down twice in a field and don't trust it to get up an oily ferry ramp when travelling to France! Having said this, for the type of vanning I do, experience says no FWD would fit the bill and my personal preferance is a heavey RWD such as a Merc, BMW or Omega or 4WD.

Rgds

Wicksy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave

I to have a 51 plate vectra ,A 2.2 dti diesel estate , very good tow vehicle, Tow a bailey pageant Imperial 2 berth with ease Vauxhall give a 1400kg max towing limit .

Roy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave

my wife's car is a 2 litre turbo diesel Vectra on an 02 plate.

It tows our Bailey Ranger 510/L fine and we get about 30 mpg. Seems solid and tows comfortably. We haven't experienced wheel spin yet with the Vectra, although we have a couple of times with my BMW 320 diesel touring, which is rear wheel drive.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave,

We have got a diesel Vectra 2.2sxi 03 and we tow an Eldiss Hurricane EX300 and tows absolutely brilliantly previously we had the Vectra 2.0diesel and that was a good towcar as well So all in all we would thoroughly reccomend a Vectra and solo we get 51mpg which again takes some beating.Money well spent.Jim

May 23, 2005
Visit site
I have a Vectra 1.9 CDTI SRI. Which comes in at 1525 kg. I tow an Elddis Avante 540 with no problems what so ever. The car returns around 45 mpg solo and 30 mpg while towing at a steady 60 mph. The car pulls like a dream,hills being a doddle.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts