Digital Scrapbooking

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I have a question.
Question 1.
Does any other forum members do this?
I'm not sure how I came across it but I downloaded the free version of Serif Digital Scrapbook Artist. I found it quite good but by now had got hooked on it so bought the full version for £30 which has more features/tools. They have their own community at http://www.daisytrail.com/ which has it's own forum, video tutorials, free kits to download, lots of help from other members and a gallery where to post your work.
I posted my first last night and have had 5 comments praising my first attempt
smiley-smile.gif

Basically the pics are made up of backgrounds, elements, papers, frames etc. You can use photos of your family, dogs etc. cut them out and compose them into the pic. There are loads of sites online where you can download elements etc. to give you more scope. Now my second question.
Question 2.
Most people who scrapbook are females, not many men. Is this me showing my feminine side
smiley-embarassed.gif

My pic I did is below. I cut out the two dogs of pics I have of them and all the other elements are added to make up the composition.

pollybailey-1.jpg

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It comes as a shock to me that you actually may have a feminine side to your pasoner. Please promise that you wont be doing anything to effeminate as pictures of scantly clothed................................Men....
smiley-surprised.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
You can't comment until you've actually seen me in my stilletto's and red gloss lippy. I have to spray tan on my legs though, the stubble after shaving my legs keeps cagging on the stockings
smiley-kiss.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B. - How do the chaimber maids and milk maids accept your rather feminine side of life? Could it be that they are so frustrated by having so little time off that without boyfriends they accept you and your ways as the best substitute. I can also imagine you dressed to the nines and drinking your Horlicks from a dainty bone china cup and saucer,

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Getting more in touch with your feminine side could bring some savings for you your Lordship providing you hod back on the makeup.
Sharing your wardrobe with her ladyship could be very cost effective.
Like the Photo as well.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
my socks and crocks are a tip by gok so 10 years younger is the look the socks are prada you dont wear socks because your feet are coverdin cow dung from milking.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody please expain to me, what scrapbooking is all about, and why it appears to be so popular - is it another American import???
smiley-embarassed.gif
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

In my day (says she, showing her age
smiley-wink.gif
) a scrap book was something where you would stick bits of paper, oddments, any old bits and bobs in - is it still the same?

I personally, fail to see the point, somebody enlighten me please - Lord B?!!
smiley-wink.gif

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I guess it's ok for kids, I'd never heard of it till LB started this thread.
smiley-laughing.gif

I can't really see the point of it as it's just fantasy scrapbooking, not proper photography or photoshop work using your own image or a series of your own images to make a composite which can look absolutely stunning if done correctly.

How many images have birds, cats and dogs, all together in perfect harmony? (Well, none round our way for a start!).
smiley-cool.gif

As an aside, the door and bench need straightening.
smiley-laughing.gif

Lisa

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Wendy-Norfolk said:
Can somebody please expain to me, what scrapbooking is all about, and why it appears to be so popular - is it another American import???
smiley-embarassed.gif
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

smiley-wink.gif

I'm not sure where it started Wendy but the Serif DSA website is based in Nottingham where I believe Serif Software is located.
Being new to the forum myself I can see there is an international following and contrary to LMHs comment about it being for kids it's a bit more difficult than that although not up to LMHs photographic standards
smiley-wink.gif

I haven't seen any kids on the forum, but the people who do this are mainly female and cover all ages from 20s upwards. There are males on there and they also cover the same age range.

Basically it is based on the old cutting out that you mentioned but you can use many different methods. Again contrary to LMHs comment, you can use your own photographs to make a composition. You can also use various filters etc. to alter your images. If you have used a digital photo editing program you will get an idea. If DSA hasn't the means to achieve the effect you require you can use another program and import the .png files into DSA or if you want to make elements, papers etc. for others to use you upload them as a .pack file. Others can then download them into DSA. Some of the tools aren't so easy to use but the cutting out tool is one of the easiest and best I've used. I'm still learning but there are lots of video tutorials on YouTube and on the DaisyTrail website. I've had a couple of queries already. I posted them on the forum and had back many replies of help.
To sum up it's art/craftwork only I don't need to wear a thimble
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
LMH said:
I guess it's ok for kids, I'd never heard of it till LB started this thread.
smiley-laughing.gif

I can't really see the point of it as it's just fantasy scrapbooking, not proper photography or photoshop work using your own image or a series of your own images to make a composite which can look absolutely stunning if done correctly.

Lisa

Yep, I've got some of those programs to make composites and collages. Download them free online. Load a few pics and click. Done
smiley-laughing.gif

When I used them people were also amazed at my skill .... heh! heh! heh!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I should have added Wendy that scrapbooking is probably an American thing but not sure on that but DSA is the program that has the best following because of it's good reviews in computer mags. It was in a magazine I first saw it.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I didn't say you cant use your own photos because obviously, you've added your dogs to your image.

I guess the images that can be produced can be used on or for cards and that sort of thing. I've no idea, maybe you could enlighten us.
smiley-smile.gif

Have fun with your new hobby
smiley-undecided.gif

Lisa

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Wendy-Norfolk said:
smiley-embarassed.gif
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

smiley-wink.gif

Basically it is based on the old cutting out that you mentioned but you can use many different methods. Again contrary to LMHs comment, you can use your own photographs to make a composition. You can also use various filters etc. to alter your images. If you have used a digital photo editing program you will get an idea. If DSA hasn't the means to achieve the effect you require you can use another program and import the .png files into DSA or if you want to make elements, papers etc. for others to use you upload them as a .pack file. Others can then download them into DSA. Some of the tools aren't so easy to use but the cutting out tool is one of the easiest and best I've used. I'm still learning but there are lots of video tutorials on YouTube and on the DaisyTrail website. I've had a couple of queries already. I posted them on the forum and had back many replies of help.
To sum up it's art/craftwork only I don't need to wear a thimble
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-surprised.gif
That would be totally beyond me Lord B - I wouldn't have the first idea where to start, glue and a pair of scissors is more up my street!!
smiley-embarassed.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts