dirty number plates

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
BEWARE!!

IF YOUVE GOT A DIRTY UNREADABLE NUMBER PLATE(AS MANY WILL THIS TIME OF YEAR)THE POLICE ARE HAVING A FIELD DAY SPOT FINING EVERBODY THEY CATCH £30 SO GET IT CLEANED NOW

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Oh WOW.

I'm so pleased to hear that, they mast have stopped real crime and muggings of old ladies etc. No doubt they will be around in a hey presto flash to the guy they told not to call them unless goods over

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Totally agree with Constable Plod. In fact they should double the fine and put points on the licence. Have you ever considered that in the event a car is used in a crime, i.e to steal your caravan, and they can't read the number plate on a CCTV camera. the scumbags will get away with it. It doesn't have to be a crime, but could be a hit and run with a child involved and no one can read the number, then what?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
A friend was just returning into Hereford when stopped by the police on Christmas Eve after delivering presents to relatives. A young female copper asked him to get out of his car and after getting close to him for the obvious reasons he asked why he was stopped. She then took him to the rear of his car and told him it was because of his dirty #plate. My friend then told the copper woman to follow him and he pointed to her #plate which was in a worse state. Her reply was that she had been driving all day including country lanes. My friend informed her that so had he and he was on his way back from his brothers hill farm in the Black Mountains. He then told her she had ulterior motives for stopping him which she denied. She then walked away telling him to get his #plate cleaned. Later that day when returning from the midnight carol service at church with his wife he was aware of a police car following him. It followed him for about 2 miles and when he pulled up outside his house the police pulled up in front of his car and put on their lights. They asked him to get out of the car as normal then asked where he lived. He told them the house they were outside of. Further questioning then took place, one copper asking where he had been to. He told them to the carol service at his church. Both coppers then burst into laughter and one said try another one, you must think we are stupid, church at this time of night. My friend then asked them what day it was. One copper said its Christmas Day. My friend then said well what does that tell you but all he got was blank expressions. He then told them that he had worked for the Emergency Services for 45 years and he knew exactly what their methods were and they had ulterior motives for stopping them. They asked him if he was ex police and he said "no but I know exactly whats going through your mind and as you followed me down Commercial Road you as I did will have noticed all the fighting outside the nightclubs, I suggest you go do something about that instead of harrassing innocent old age pensioners, I bid you goodnight". Now how thick can anyone be that they have never heard of midnight carol services on Christmas Eve. Where do they find these fine upstanding guardians of the public. No wonder the police have such negative attitudes from the public and media.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Ian, beleive it or not I have an "Image" to maintain re my business and my vehicles are kept nice and sparkly clean!

Obviously plates need to be seen, but PC Plod jumping out with a fine!

What a crass attitude, a polite word and maybe even a wipe with a cloth I'm sure all police drivers carry to maintain good visibility for their own cars.

Last week I did a 130 mile trip on the M25 and M1, I left with a clean car and arrived with a dirty grey number plate.

I guess PC Plod sat at the junction as I pulled off the motorway to the services would have you jumping for joy with a fine and points on my license. Or would you have us pull onto the hard shoulder and give the old plate a quick spit and polish every few miles.

Plenty of hit and run drivers have there numbers taken, I doubt that hit and run drivers premeditate there actions and never have clean plates, dirty plates are mainly a feature related to time of year and weather and I would assume that any thief stealing my van would have false plates for his vehicle and my van.

We had a not to bright subby who worked for us years ago, he later got nicked for stealing "road building plant" with hid flat bed. Dimmest bulb in the box but even he used false plates apparently!

A little education re starting a journey with clean plates is one thing, but jumping on the fine and ban them band wagon is another!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts