Disco 3 Rubbish Warranty

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
My Disco 3 is just coming up to 1 year old and i have already done 31k miles , just realised the warranty is only 3 years or 60k which i will do in 2 years , this is awful as most other manufacturers offer unlimited milage , they cant be that confident of things lasting , already had a few things changed think will be selling before 2 years!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
{pipe delimiter}Most manufaturers offer unlimited 1st year. There is an option to increase the warrenty for extra milage.

Why is this a caravan issue? does it affect the warrenty on the caravan? does it make a difference to the choice of caravan? Has the tow bar fallen off?

To me, this post just seems to be an effort to get Landrover fans up in arms. Sorry, did not work.

Have a nice day now

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
eerrr because we use them for towing and anyway its in the towcar forum not the caravan one so your right its not a caravan issue

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
{pipe delimiter}Most manufaturers offer unlimited 1st year. There is an option to increase the warrenty for extra milage.

Why is this a caravan issue? does it affect the warrenty on the caravan? does it make a difference to the choice of caravan? Has the tow bar fallen off?

To me, this post just seems to be an effort to get Landrover fans up in arms. Sorry, did not work.

Have a nice day now
I am a LandRover fan too or i wouldnt be on my third one.I just think if you pay this sort of money and the car is going to be used as a workhorse they should be more generous with the warranty milage , because if you own a car too you will know things do go wrong and i didnt say i wouldnt get another D3 did i?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I still do not see the point of the post, sorry. Anyone who owns one or who is looking at buying one will know this already.

I could not see anyone spending so much money (and it is a lot) on anything without knowing what is covered and for how long.

Now if you had posted that you are disappointed that now you find the warranty is not good enough for you then maybe people would debate the whole thing. A rambling about how rubbish the warranty is without stating what they have not fixed, what has gone wrong etc is a little biased.

I understand you are disappointed, and yes to most caravaner's, the warranty length of their tow car is important. But with the current issues on this forum it would be better to word things a little different as to not inflame other members.

Sorry if you don't see that point of view, it is, after all just mine

Steve

Sep 30, 2005
Visit site
Mike Steve is right did you not look into the warranty issue before you bought the car , are you not happy with car then? if you have had things changed already you must admit the warranty has done its job so far , you always get teething problems with new models so with a bit of luck things will be rosy.Not all manufacturers offer unlimited milage though ,60k does seem litle low is that correct ?

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi all ok sorry i seem to have worded it wrong , it was never my intention to get anyones back up , i was sure when i bought the car that he did say unlimited milage although he denies it.Im really happy with the car and the bits changed under warranty have been fine .I have had a new sat nav screen,electric seat adjustment assy , the auto box oil seals were replaced and ive had a faulty fuel pump which could happen on any car , but theses are very expensive items to replace if i was paying , the car was in for 2 days for the gearbox the labour alone would make you cry.I dont think i do excessive milage although higher than avearge , the car has been bought to be used and not sat on the driveway so you can see my concerns after i reach 60k.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike you have just changed you name to Mikey halfway through the thread....what do you prefer to be called? Can I presume you mean mileage as opposed to the word milage? I just wondered because it seems to be a common spelling error used by a number of names on this particular thread! You and Terry also have a bad habit of starting with no gap after a full stop on your replies....hhhmmm...glad to of been able to point these little problems out! oh and it is I not i another common error I am seeing on various posts ;-)by differnt people...or are they!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Some of the kangarites have been identified. I am sure the rest will become apparent. Afterall, look at the way they are written. I am sure he see's it as some sort of art.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A lot of things came to light this afternoon Steve when the forum shut down and decided to show everyones proper names! Funny Mike, Mikey or Mike Smith, Smith being the common denominator! Also according to past threads Mike just bought a Mercedes so how come he has a disco...I could of sworn I also read one where he dissed disco owners....very fun afternoon...as I say a lot has been exposed!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
The forum was not shut down as such, I mailed the mod to ask.

But during and following the problem a lot has come to light. Most is not directly apparent but I am sure the techies will work it all out in time.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
A lot of things came to light this afternoon Steve when the forum shut down and decided to show everyones proper names! Funny Mike, Mikey or Mike Smith, Smith being the common denominator! Also according to past threads Mike just bought a Mercedes so how come he has a disco...I could of sworn I also read one where he dissed disco owners....very fun afternoon...as I say a lot has been exposed!
Smith is one of the most common names in the UK.

I own more than one car and have posted about both. Does this make me Kanga?

Suddenly a monti python film comes to mind...

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Mike

In reply to the discussion. look for the sales stuff you got with the car and if unlimited is on it then place it just under the right nostril of the sales manager.

If not, speak to him and let him know that the chances of you buying another one is slim if he does not sort this out. If they want your custom then a yrs warrenty is not that costly

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So the 'New' Discovery is just as unreliable as the older models.

I would be very unhappy having those faults after spending all that money - so sad.

Can I just say that the 'nit-picking' of posts is also sad. We are not all perfect, well educated or computer literate. Taking the p..s out of other peoples posts is unacceptable.

feel better now.

Mike

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
LMAO, its getting silly now. Problem is there is now a technical way to spot a kangarite so posts have no where near the impact they did

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The point is here Steve that I am convinced that Mikey and Terry are the same person, the wrting style is the same and the spelling errors are the same. And today when the names were exposed ...what a surprise Mike Smith and Terry Smith, just a little too coincidental for my liking, therefore, I think this is a spoof thread. Oh well as you say let the modertaor sort it out but I am sick to death of all these spoof posts and watching people (including me) waisting there time replying to questions that are clearly on here to spark debate, this is clearly one of those...and if it is Kanga then so what if it seems I took the p$ss, after what he has done and said about Mark, he needs more than that taking from him. If it is not and I am wrong then I will eat my dirty socks for a whole week, but I am convinced I am right.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Paul and Ruth

I cannot dissagree with you. But without 100% proof it is unfair to any real users not to answer the questions with as valid a response as you can.

The best way to deal with trolls is to answer there question with no reactions that antaganise and move on. They get bored and real users will get the impression that people are willing to help.

Personally I would love to move this whole forum onto an Invision Board and have done with it. That way anyone with multiple accounts appears to the moderator in real time and a few clicks later they are never able to post again.

Since the Kanagerites have been identified, this forum is so quiet. Its a real shame that one idiot can ruin the fun of everyone else.

Steve

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To come back to the original topic for a moment, annoying as it maybe to be wasting ones time on a spoof.

LR warranty is famous for being woefully inadequate and as such I feel that you perhaps didn't do your homework prior to your purchase. It's especially galling to realise that had you bought your LR from LRNA you would receive 4 year/50,000 mile warranty. This had to be done to keep their US customers.

A look on LRUK's warranty pages however does state, "Every new Land Rover sold in the UK comes with an outstanding warranty package and assistance services that include the following benefits :

A standard 3-year unlimited mileage warranty

A 6-year anti-perforation warranty..."

Let's hope you resolve your issues with the dealer.

BTW I feel qualified to state all the above as a long time LR owner and enthusiast.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts