Disgusting! - warning refers to animal cruelty

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Puppy almost killed after gang batters her repeatedly with stick

EXCLUSIVE

By Stephen White 25/04/2008

A puppy was beaten to within an inch of its life by a gang of tiny children.

The four and five year olds repeatedly battered the terrified Staffordshire bull terrier with a stick.

They only stopped when a passerby chased them off and found 10- week-old Meg cowering in pain.

The puppy survived after an operation but she is likely to have her hind leg amputated as the nerve damage is so severe.

RSPCA centre boss Jean Spencer said: "I've never heard of such terrible animal cruelty.

"The age of the children makes it absolutely sickening. They should know the difference between right and wrong. If they're doing this at four and five, just imagine what they'll be doing aged 14 and 15."

The passer-by, who does not want to be named, spotted the attack in fields in Rochdale, Lancs.

Meg is on the mend but must live in a cage at Rochdale RSPCA so as not to injure herself.

Jean added: "She is very upset and regularly whimpers with pain.

"Despite the distress, she is a lovely puppy. All she wants is to be hugged and kissed and cared for."

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I have a couple of concerns about this incident..

The first is that 4 & 5 year olds are wandering the streets and that we aren't born with behavioural problems, they have learnt it and this must have been from the parents.

My main concern would be there are more animals at their homes suffering cruelty.

The other concern would be the childrens future if they have such sadistic behaviour problems at such a young age and my thought is that they should be placed in care.

When you see some of the low lifes that breed like rats and rely on decent working people to keep them in the life they are accustomed to, like drink, drugs and giving birth it's about time some were forcibly steralised for the sakes of their potential offspring.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've copied this off a forum. The author has six children, she reckons she's a nurse and her husband is a doctor.

This is the calibre of some Staffordshire Bull Terrier owners and it makes my blood boil:

----------------------

my son hes 17 hes got a staffy lovely looking dog vet says hes best ever.

diseal is now 10 mths old born in august

when he was about 6 mths my son and hes younger brother where having a fight and during the fight my son james who owns the dog shouted out DISEAL HELP with that diseal grabed hold of my younger sons arm and bit him james shouted at diseal and he ran off.

my younger son being a pain in the arse rang the police the police came and had a word with james about the dog bitting i did have to say they where play fighting and he did ask diseal for help not knowing what diseal would do as hes never gone for anyone before .

then at xmas my son was out walking when he was attacked by 2 men they started hitting my son about the face when james dropped diseals lead the dog grabbed on of the attackers and wouldnt let go of hes arm until my son told him to

with that james and diseal ran home the police where called james was worried they would take the dog of him as it bit one of the attackers the police said no as it was protecting its owner

then a few weeks back one of james mates made a bet with james that diseal wouldnt attack him on james say so

so james just said "get him diseal" and off couse the dog went for him since then james hasnt done that, to anyone else

we have had no problems with him going for people or bitting since then hes a good dog and dopse as hes told

but on monday my sisters soical worker can to see me and diseal growled at her i told diseal to stop and leave the room which he did

i didnt think any more of it

until i got a phone call from the soical worker with her concerns she said she has rang the RSPCA and they had rang the police to see if the dog had been brought to there attention and of couse he had when ,my younger son rang them

the soical worker said she wanted the dog PUT DOWN

i rang the RSPCA and spoke to them and they said it sounds like a dangerous dog and it wouldnt be able to be rehomed so it would have to be put down

i have spent all week on the phone trying to find out what i can do as i have no problems with this dog nor do my children hes a family pet .

i got called into the RSPCA which we do go for treatment they said he had to wear a mussle in public which i agreeed to even thou hes hates it

and hes due for the chop (hes Balls ) in the next few weeks and i was told that if i like diseal COULD DIE ON THE OPERATING TABLE so my kids wont feel so bad about him being PUT DOWN

surley they cant make me do this

i need advice

i dont want to lose diseal as i know hes a good dog

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't know how old the youngest son is but at a guess, from the grammar, spelling, punctuation or lack of,I would say five years old and that he wrote the letter.

What I do know is it was difficult to read and make sense of.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I think I`d leave the dog and put down the humans.

I`ve got to go into hospital next week, hope to God the medical staff are more literate or I could be in big trouble.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Encouraging a SBT to attack people - I'm all in favour of an intelligence test before people are allowed to keep dogs.

Angus - they can't be paying doctors and nurses much these days if she has to use the free services of the RSPCA...

Lisa

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts