Disposable BBQ stand

Feb 3, 2007
Visit site
I'm after a disposable BBQ stand. We used to take a BBQ but have decided just to use disposable ones. I thought you could get a stand to put them on so they are not on the ground but can't seem to find any. Does anyone know where you might get them.

Jane

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The stand that comes with the disposables is too near the ground and causes scorching of grass.

A building block underneath is ideal if one happens to be close by!!

I went to a car boot looking for a metal caravan step but ended up with some shelving with two tubular metal U shaped ends that made the sides for a stand.

It is important to leave the disposables a long time to cool or they will singe/burn the grass long after the cooking is over

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We've recently noticed that the latest Big K disposable BBQ's don't have air holes around the sides anymore and the food doesn't cook so well. We contacted the company to ask why and they replied that they don't put holes in any more because embers can fall through, creating a Health & Safety issue.

We have since tried several different ones from various sources and some have holes and some not. We make holes in the side if we use one that doesn't have them.

Thanks for all the ideas about stands. On CL farm sites you can usually find a slab of concrete or bricks to use, but it's not so easy elsewhere, unless there's a dedicated BBQ area.

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Jane, You can get these at various hardware suppliers like B&Q Wilko etc. I have 2 since my first go a bit wittery. Like someone has said they are low cost simple frames which raises the bbq about 24inches off ground and fold a bit like a tiny deck chair without the seat fabric. You should find them appearing about now as we go into the outdoor period.

May 2, 2007
Visit site
I noticed a site in Aberdeenshire hiring BBQ stands - guess what, they were old steps that forgetful caravanners had left behind! Compulsory to prevent grass burn tho'.

Aug 18, 2005
Visit site
I bought a disposable last week away from somerfield what a load of rubbish it didnt warm up in the end I picked up by the corner it was still that cold & put it round the back of the van but talking about stands I got mine free with a BBQ a few years ago and use it all the time it is fold up and just sits under the van in the side keep an eye out you will find one some where shame I cannott remember where this one was from

Apr 8, 2019
Visit site
I had great success with this Disposable BBQ Stand last week. It has a useful Windshield. I bought mine on Amazon. It's called BBQ Snug

Happy Days

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I guess the quality of disposable Bar-B-Q stands has improvedc over the last 11 years and 10 months.

:p

Welcome to the forum Stargazer :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts