Disruptive Koranda Ad

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems accessing apsects of the website including opening the tabs in MS EDge when the Koranda ad is present that insists of over-riding other page content. Indeed I have had to use Firefox to post this question as in MS Edge any tabs including the 'New Topic' are rendered inaccessible. I had this problem previously that went away when the ad stopped showing, but grrrr it is back again with the attendant problems as outlined!
Thanks

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I use FireFox and can't use the Tabs. I do have an advert blocker installed and these ads still appear to get past it. I have reported it to AdBlock. It seems rather counter productive to allow an ad to render the website inoperable.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Google on my phone coupled with AdBlocker and I'm not seeing these adverts.
Try refresh or reset on your ad block software

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Google on my phone coupled with AdBlocker and I'm not seeing these adverts.
Try refresh or reset on your ad block software

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm using Windows 7 with Firefox and Ad Block Plus with no issues and no adverts .......just the idiot privacy box every time I visit the forum :angry:

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Thankyou Forum users. One topic posting brought all these sensible responses. I have followed your advice and bye Koranda ad and accessible forum tabs as in days of yore!
Incidentally presumably the ad is place by Future publishing who now own the mag title and presumably run the website - but who failed to respond to my 5 emails over the past couple of weeks. In the last mail I demonstrated that I was not a robot, and asked Future to respond to demonstrate that they were not robots either. No response.
What do we think of that?
ps. Future you do have an opportunity to reply on your own forum LOL!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
In this months PC there is a full page Koranda Ad, and the first tow car reviewed in the Tow Car feature is, guess what, a Koranda.

I would imagine that the advertising revenue coming in here takes so long to count that they just don’t have time to respond to audiorob’s email. :evil:
Mel

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I use an IPad to look at the forum and the page I see is ok with just the adverts down right side and the koranda ad across the top, cant say they bother me at all as I go on, read the topics and I’m gone, nothing pops up they are just static ads which is much like any commercial website that has to be paid for, but the one thing that does bother me is the annoying privacy tab at bottom left, if I log in I get that popping up every 5 minutes and I have to decline ads and close it but if I’m not logged in I set it for decline ads and that’s it dealt with, I think adverts are just something we have to just tolerate as they are probably going to get more and more prevalent, I do wonder about the ad blockers as well, any ad blocker you instal must have access to see what internet sites your on or wouldn’t be able to see the ads that it needs to block, how can you be totally confident the only thing being looked at are adverts or am I just untrusting of the internet. When you think back a little way all you ever read was in print such as magazines and newspapers the same adverts were on every page you turned so really nothing has changed at all.

BP

May 7, 2012
Visit site
With a positive rod test in the magazine then it is only logical for the manufacturer to add the advert. Something about striking while the iron is hot springs to mind.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts