Do they WANT the business?

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to get totally confused by a number of caravan parks that advertise their parks and facilities on the Internet.

Wonderful looking sites, with just the sort of facilities that we were looking for.

My wife and WERE planning a three week trip up to the Morayshire and Northumberland areas of Borders and Scotland later this year. We wanted to hire two seperate static caravans for this purpose, One in Northumberland, and one somewhere near to Inverness, because the rising fuel costs of towing a large caravan that distance from Devon isn't economical any more.

Of the EIGHT sites we have phoned and emailed for details through January, February and this month, NOT ONE has answered the phone, despite us leaving messages, and again NOT ONE has responded to any emails.

And then we wonder why the UK's economy is in such a state!!

WAKE UP you site owners. If you WANT the business (which I now seriously doubt), then you need to get off your backsides and respond to booking requests!

We have now decided to take our holiday out of the UK despite the high exchange rate. Crazy situation.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Could well be the reason but far from a justification as such a major trip usually needs advanced planning; life must be too easy up North.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi.

If I was a site owner I would be checking emails whether the site was closed or open. People will not wait and will book elsewhere as is the case here.

I would be very frustrated if i got no response and would certainly look for an alternative.

andrew

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Quote "Could be because a great many sites do not open until Easter."

We did wonder that.............!! HOWEVER.........

Do we assume that because a site doesn't open until Easter, the owners of that site don't ever check their emails or answer any phone calls in answer to their business advertising? If I owned a site, I'd be checking the enquiries every single day, and replying to them. After all, that's what I'd be in business for....No? The more bookings, the more profitable my season......?

And if they don't open until Easter, as you are suggesting, how do they get Easter bookings, for example? Open on Good Friday and hope for the best?

Sorry and no offence, but that doesn't wash these days.

I want to make bookings, and get confirmation of bookings within at least a week or so. This is 2010. Surely the whole point of having a website with a booking facility as part of that website.....is to take bookings? Not much use if they can't even be bothered to lift the phone though.

We KNOW for fact that two of the sites that we approached are actually open all year round...............but they STILL can't be bothered to lift the phone or send an email or a brochure.

Anyway.....no matter.....they have ALL lost the business. We are off to Istanbul in late September, and nuts to the lot of them.

May 18, 2007
Visit site
I contacted a privately owned site regarding booking 3 nights at Spring Bank Holiday.

The on line e-mail that I got back was they are only taking bookings for 4 nights on bank holidays !!

They have since lost my business,I've been to 2 of their sites 6 or so times and also recommended them to my family and friends. Not any more !!

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
keith

I have been having problems re Email today when I loged on today I found about 10 from back to January re this weekend. These have been Lost some ware . Now trying to say sorry to all who may be thinking we are not interested in their stay on our cl. Now I need to find a good service provider.

David from Suffolk

Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Don't assume because you send an email that it arrives. We had an email arrive from a guest over three months after she had taken her holiday (she booked by telephone as she did not get an answer). Not getting replies from six sites would point to a problem your end. Even sites not open in the winter are open for bookings - I was still taking bookings for our site while on holiday myself thanks to the wonders of wi-fi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts