Do you roll to the middle?

Jun 30, 2005
Visit site
Hi
Since we got our fixed bed in our brand new caravan we have noticed that we always end up in the middle of the bed. Now we are not 7 stone super models but surely this cannot be right. Our van is brand new and only we have slept on the bed, it is an Elddis Crusader so without sounding rude not a budget entry level van.
I noticed when going round a dealer at the weekend that virtually EVERY caravan with a fixed bed now has a centre support from head to foot attached to the slats to add support or an additional metal centre to the framework.
Clearly this indicates a design problem and I was wondering if anyone has managed to get this sorted post sale?
Thanks
Richard

G

If my understanding of your Post is correct, you are stating that the bed is sagging in the middle when any wieght is placed on it.

If so, then it is not correct and I suggest taking it back to the dealer and getting it sorted. If they refuse threaten any legal action you can think of. Being unable to sleep will be your worst nightmare and you must get it sorted.

My own fixed bed has a steel frame with thick slats that are bent upwards so when you lie on them they move back to horizontal. There is also a centre seam which has supports mainly due to the fact that the outer mattress can be lifeted to get access. It all works extremely well, but mine is a cheapie EU model. Maybe they check things in Europe?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Richard
There must be something wrong with the Crusader.
We are on our 2nd fixed bed caravan and actually sleep better in it than at home. Ours is exactly as Scotch Lad describes. The frame slats beneath the matress are convex shaped . This allows some give but is clearly designed to avoid the very problem you are experiencing .
Get back to the dealer asap. And don't let him charge you extra because he's brought you closer together! LOL!

Jun 30, 2005
Visit site
Just to update, we phoned Elddis and spoke to customer services. Our slats are exactly as yours.

They advised that they had identified this as a particular issue for some people and therefore are offering a free upgrade to add a centre support to stop the roll. Being done under warranty whilst van is in at the moment.

Good old Elddis .... no quibbles, they have simply sorted it.

G

I am very pleased you have had this resolved. The maker did not even fob you off with a 'you must go back to the dealer' to sort that one. Makes a refreshing change.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts