Do you think that Croatia, being out of the Shengen Zone, will see an increase in touring (caravans and MHs) due to Brexit?

With the 90 in 180 days now applicable in the EU (Shengen countries) do you think that tourers will extend their 90 days in the sun, e.g. Oct-Dec by spending a month in Croatia first (not in Schengen Zone), so Oct in Croatia, Nov-Jan in Spain. Maybe Morocco will see an increase also, for the same reasons? Interested in your comments on touring in either country. e.g. what are Croatian sites like? How much do they cost? Is Morocco safe on your own or should you be in a group?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
An interesting idea wrt Croatia, but not so sure of Morocco. Although it’s people’s perspective on specific countries. I’ve had friends go on 4x4 tours deep into Morocco with never any problems. Once chatted with a Dutch caravanner in Konya central Turkey. He had driven all the way and no ferry either.SDC10349.JPG

Reactions: OwainG
Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
Croatia is to be recommended. Not expensive on campsites or for hospitality. Well worth a visit but wild camping not encouraged although it appears safe. I know people who have stayed in Morocco and say it is safe as long as you stay on legitimate campsites

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I don't quite understand what makes Croatia more attractive as regards visa entry requirements. One can't stay more than 90 days in any 180 in Croatia without a visa, either. One will not be able to stay longer than an accrued total of 90 days in the Schengen area on the journey there AND back within any 180 day period.
The only alternative is to re-apply for a Schengen visa while you are in Croatia prior to the return journey.

I don't quite understand what makes Croatia more attractive as regards visa entry requirements. One can't stay more than 90 days in any 180 in Croatia without a visa, either. One will not be able to stay longer than an accrued total of 90 days in the Schengen area on the journey there AND back within any 180 day period.
The only alternative is to re-apply for a Schengen visa while you are in Croatia prior to the return journey.
You miss my point. If we stay in Croatia for 30 days in October, say, then we go in to Italy/France/Spain then we still have the 90 days there and stay nov-Jan instead of coming home at end of Dec.. So a total of 120 days in the sun.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You miss my point. If we stay in Croatia for 30 days in October, say, then we go in to Italy/France/Spain then we still have the 90 days there and stay nov-Jan instead of coming home at end of Dec.. So a total of 120 days in the sun.

Looking at Croatia which is in EU. I think the 90/180 is an. EU stipulation but not Schengen

Looking at Croatia which is in EU. I think the 90/180 is an. EU stipulation but not Schengen
Other way around. 90/180 is for Schengen countries i.e. right to free movement. All Schengen countries are in the EU but not all EU countries are in Schengen zone. Craoatia is not in Schengen so any time spent there does not count towards the 90/180 rule.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Other way around. 90/180 is for Schengen countries i.e. right to free movement. All Schengen countries are in the EU but not all EU countries are in Schengen zone. Craoatia is not in Schengen so any time spent there does not count towards the 90/180 rule.

Not all Schengen countries are in the EU. Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein are not in the EU but they are in the Schengen area, as is Gibraltar now, too.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Could be a viable option then as per your OP.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts