Dodgy camping EHU leads on Bay

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I have stayed on a site with sloping areas where the groundsman ran over an orange cable with a flymo type mower and tripped the electrics for about half of the pitches and the mower too!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Ray, I understand the difference between 2.5mm and 1.5mm cable and the respective performance criteria.

All of the retailers I have in mind are "reputable retailers". Unless one knows their onions, how would most buyers differentiate between what is offered on say Amazon or Ebay.
Hi, I am happy with what you have said. My problem is with some traders on e bay, possibly Amazon Marketplace and some other on line sellers who import from the far East and are selling things that are simply not up to the standard required and are potentially unsafe. In most cases unless you take them apart you might not spot the problem, but some can be downright dangerous. Generally the give away is they are too cheap, but many are tempted.
Whilst I know most of the theory, I am not an electrician and prefer to buy as safely as possible, We have a very reputable caravan dealer just up the road and they are pretty competitive, so in general I would go to them as to date I have not seen anything there that looks substandard.

Reactions: Buckman
Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
I can't agree though, that all E-Bay merchants who sell anything that "COULD" be dangerous if misused should be banned. Life isn't like that although countless "snowflakes" would argue that it should be.

I agree with that but the difference here is that it's an item which could become dangerous if used for the purpose for which it's being advertised.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry for the honest e bay traders, but with things that could mean the difference between life and death I would not take the risk of getting one of the others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts