Does any one else do this??.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I knew they had different products for different jobs but I didn’t realise just how many, thanks for providing the link OC.

Mar 28, 2007
Visit site
You can get the proper kit to blow the water system though. But that's overpriced in my opinion. I did make a mock up once with a bellows pump but all I do now, and it works. is:

• Drain down as much as possible.
  • Close all taps.
  • Remove shower head. Put shower control open and to mid position
  • Open nearest tap to the shower, midway between hot and cold.
  • Blow through the shower hose until you get free air from that tap.
  • Repeat with all taps ending with the drain tap.
If you have mains electricity available I use my aqua vac cleaner and suck the stuff out instead of blowing through

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I don't think I would be too keen on "sucking" out any water with a machine as the pipes can only withstand so much pressure?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i don"t think i have enough puff for blowing down a shower hose or shower head to get water out . i let a caravan engineer do it for me .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think I would be too keen on "sucking" out any water with a machine as the pipes can only withstand so much pressure?
No risk of under pressuring hoses by Sucking as you can’t get more than a zero vacuum at minus ambient atmospheric. So 15psi approx. But if pipes are designed for pressure they could collapse inwards. Very unlikely though methinks 😂

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Floe and drain blows air out while the other device sucks it out. Is there a possibility that if it sucks too hard it may collapse a pipe as you cannot regulate the vacuum??

I seriously doubt it would collapse the hoses, but it could conceivably affect a water heater tank.

But some "O"ring seals are designed to be pressure activated, and exposing them to negative pressures might compromise their future action, so sucking is not a good idea.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I seriously doubt it would collapse the hoses, but it could conceivably affect a water heater tank.

But some "O"ring seals are designed to be pressure activated, and exposing them to negative pressures might compromise their future action, so sucking is not a good idea.
I am not sure but maybe it could affect a one way valve?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Sucking the pipes out should only cause a slight vacuum as to work the taps would have to be opened to vent the system. If they were not, I don’t think that a domestic machine could achieve anywhere near a sufficient vacuum to collapse the pipes. But ‘O’ ring seals might but more problematic as the Prof says.

If I had power on the storage site I would do it. Except my carpet cleaner is kept in the loft, not too handy.

John

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I thought I was odd man out regarding vacuum out the pipes as we have done it for years. What I never thought of was possible collapsing pipes and as mentioned O rings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts