Does anyone have a caravan and a motorhome?

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi all
We have just bought a 6 year old motorhome but we are also going to keep our caravan. The plan is to tour throughout the spring/summer with the caravan and then during the winter when it can sometimes be more difficult to tow we are planning on using the motorhome for weekends away. During the summer we will just use the motorhome for days out and the occasional weekend. I was just wondering if anyone else also had both a motorhome and caravan and how they got on.
Many Thanks!!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
When our kids were kids we used to tow our caravan with a motorhome. The camper was ours and the caravan theirs. Used to get some strange looks at times, and some site owners didn't know what to charge us for. Only used for one season though.

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Got a Coachman 380/2 and a VW California. Works a treat, we use the caravan for longer stops with the dogs but use the Cali for day trips and shoter 1 or 2 night stops. Also use the caravan for winter trips. The awning gives us more space and a good base to bring wet collies back from a day in the mountains. Great combination though dos raise eybrows in both camps as it were.

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a an abi brooklyn and a mazda bongo. Never towed with it though, not sure if it could? brooklyn is on a seasonal pitch at the moment and bongo takes me all over the place, France last year no problems. campervan is great for weekends away you need to love walking though, annoying to pack up and lower the roof if you want to venture out far for the day!
Must admit it looks odd when I am parked next to the caravan on the seasonal pitch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts