DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SUITABLE CONVECTION OVEN/GRILL/MICROWAV...

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
HI, WE ARE NEW TO CARAVANNING AND OUR NEW CARAVAN DOES NOT HAVE AN OVEN, AT HOME I HAVE A 3 IN 1 MICROWAVE/OVEN/GRILL THAT IS EXCELLENT. DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A SUITABLE ONE FOR A CARAVAN AND WHAT WATTAGE I SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR?

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jayne

My Bailey has an up to 800 watts (3 settings) but it is a straight microwave.

I would suggest that the 800 Watt max is your best bet for most purposes as it will draw approx 4 Amps from an electric hook up and many of the EHU's on the Continent are rated at 6 Amps at the low end.

Apr 2, 2008
Visit site
Jayne

We had exactly the same problem with our Burstner. We purchased one of these:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-7660.aspx
It's cheap, it has not tripped the mains hook up so far and the oven does the trick, we've cooked jacket potatoes, pies and joints in it. The only issue we had was where to site it. What we did was to adapt an extension lead into an electrical hook up cable giving us a mains socket outside the caravan. We sit the oven on a table in the awning using this cable. Just make sure if it rains hard you cover the Microwave and also make sure the adapted mains cable is not in a location where is can get we as UK mains sockets should not be allowed to get wet. I would recommend making sure the mains extension you get has a safety trip on it as well.

Hope that helps.

thanks

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts