Does anything go to plan?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We had got this week all planned out and as usual things immediately went awry. On Tuesday evening our dogs spotted a hedgehog in the garden. This isn't unusual as they nest under a neighbours shed and most of us have cut holes in the fences for a Hedgehog Highway. But this particular one was very small and only weighed 200gms so must have been from a late brood. I put it in a box in the garage and donated it one of my less used fleeces, whilst my wife rang around to see if there was rescue that could take it in for the winter. So yesterday morning after sorting out the caravan before its service I drove over to near Cricklade to deliver the little beast. What super drive along the flowing B4040 and on to an old RAF airfield that is now a nature reserve. Must go back there in spring. Anyway the little beast was declared fit and well and the lady said "we like to return them to the originating area". So sometime hopefully in April/May I will geta phone call to go and pick up what hopefully will be a "bigger beastie".

Today I am fitting new door seal to our daughter's tumble dryer. She has recently moved her two giant bunnies into their garage winter sleeping quarters. They tend to be very inquisitive and into everything and are now bannedfrom the house. She had sent me picture a couple of days back showing "Milo" investigating the tumble dryer. That evening came the message "Milo's destroyed the dryer door seal." And I have got to look after these two beasts when the family go on holidays next year. Could a continued lockdown be on my Wish List?

Things were much more ordered when I worked! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

2FE76184-4DEB-459B-9679-E8BF826E278B.jpeg

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Well done re the jogger , Once you let Jim out in the spring dog food or cat food and a bowl of water keeps him topped up, they're so cute. We have one still visits now and usually does so till Dec and he has hedgehog specific food. No meal worms or bread and milk. Poisonous to them. Nightmare re seal, little buggers. Keeps you busy tho!

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Good luck fixing the door seal on a the tumble dryer it keep you busy ? i think you have your hands full looking after those adorable rabbits .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Good luck fixing the door seal on a the tumble dryer it keep you busy ? i think you have your hands full looking after those adorable rabbits .
They belong to our daughter who just lives along the road. I bunny sit at times but trying to get them to bed if they don’t want to go in is an absolute nightmare. Not only can they move quickly but they are strong and not afraid to use teeth and claws. Cuddly bunnies my 🤭

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well done re the jogger , Once you let Jim out in the spring dog food or cat food and a bowl of water keeps him topped up, they're so cute. We have one still visits now and usually does so till Dec and he has hedgehog specific food. No meal worms or bread and milk. Poisonous to them. Nightmare re seal, little buggers. Keeps you busy tho!

In our last house we “ catered” for them but had to watch the dogs who had no qualms about going over fences to retrieve what was legally their food. But seeing adults and young hedgehogs all foraging in the borders was pure delight.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
They belong to our daughter who just lives along the road. I bunny sit at times but trying to get them to bed if they don’t want to go in is an absolute nightmare. Not only can they move quickly but they are strong and not afraid to use teeth and claws. Cuddly bunnies my 🤭
Hi Clive putting the bunnies to bed sounds like fun ( Joke)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Some years ago i think i had a bunny rabbit for a pet not as big as otherclive daughter they are a cute this is him in the photo below he loves his carrot .

Attachments

• images (10).jpg
    images (10).jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our next door neighbour operates a hedgehog rescue centre which is very commendable. It is okay during the winter, but during the summer there is a terrible stench plus millions of flies. A number of complaints have been raised, but the council generally have not being doing anything about it.
She also tends to let the bags pile up and can have as many as 50 or more black rubbish bags collected around the side of her home and all visible from the roadway. Unfortunately I cannot post a word document with the pictures.
On one occasion we went away for 3-4 weeks and on our return stuck on our recycling bin was a notice from the council stating we would be liable to a fine up to £1000! The neighbour had filled our recycling bin to the brim with waste from the hedgehogs.
That was the last straw as had to apologise to council etc and get her to empty the recycling bin etc. Now I simply phone the council and complain about rats ripping open the black bags. Things are now a bit more reasonable, but her home inside is a total mess and very smelly with hedgehogs all over the place.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts