Dog friendly sites

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mikes wife here

I've read with interest many of the dog related questions as we have two dogs and other peoples views are always interesting. We have just come back to caravanning after a break of ten years and the growth of the provision of dog walk areas within a site has been amazing. We have had three trips in the van since July and our preferred sites have been those providing dog walks, but as wuth many things, some are better tahn others. Which finally leads me to the point of the question....

Can anyone recommend sites with good doggy areas?

This is an entirely unrelated question. Hubby registered under his name so whenever I want to ask or reply I use his ID and sometimes mention that its the wife not him etc.But I'm independant kind of girl and want my own ID. If I register my name I would be using the same email address. Does this infringe the using two names rule?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike's wife - this is another Mike! Best sites for dogs are CL's & CS's due to their proximoty to open countryside. There's avery good website for dog friendly pubs in this month's PC, but I don't know of any listings for caravan parks.

Aug 26, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mikes wife,

a good site with excellent dog walks is Bo-Peep near Banbury in Oxfordshire,very dog friendly with plenty of walks around the site,and loads of room for off lead exercise,also a very good site for us too.Cirencester cc site pretty good and also Longnor wood in the peak district is good large hay meadow on site for exercising+ good walks in the area....

hope some help Gary....

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mikes wife,

a good site with excellent dog walks is Bo-Peep near Banbury in Oxfordshire,very dog friendly with plenty of walks around the site,and loads of room for off lead exercise,also a very good site for us too.Cirencester cc site pretty good and also Longnor wood in the peak district is good large hay meadow on site for exercising+ good walks in the area....

hope some help Gary....
Hi Gary

Thanks for the info. The Peak District site looks good, we may head that way next year or to North Norfolk. We live near Cirencester (8 miles away) so maybe not that one!!

Thanks

Mikes wife

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For a first class site with a dog walk try Widend at MArldon near Paignton in Devon. The dog walk is as far as you wish to go. The site is excellent with spotless facilities.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Cirencester Park CC site is excellent. Not only has it a doggy walk on-site but you have access to the open parkland just outside the site itself. Lots to do in the area also.

I see that Bo Peep has been dropped (with immediate effect! - see latest Magazine)without any explanation. When we stayed there we found you could distinctly hear the motorway, day and night. Otherwise the site was OK but a bit expensive for what you got!

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
Pembrey Park in South Wales is superb.

Huge Country Park with woodland walks and one of the best (and safest) beaches in Europe right next to the site. Dogs have their own section of the beach where they are permitted all year.

Plenty of things to keep any kids happy too.

David

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Pembrey Park in South Wales is superb.

Huge Country Park with woodland walks and one of the best (and safest) beaches in Europe right next to the site. Dogs have their own section of the beach where they are permitted all year.

Plenty of things to keep any kids happy too.

David
Is that the site nearish to Swansea with an ice cream shop selling loads of differant flavours (including my favourite - Turkish Delight flavour)?

You can see where my interests lie

Mikes wife

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is that the site nearish to Swansea with an ice cream shop selling loads of differant flavours (including my favourite - Turkish Delight flavour)?

You can see where my interests lie

Mikes wife
Hi Mike's wife - I think you may be mixing this site up with the one on the Gower. Pembrey is a CC site and is excellent regarding cleanliness, pretty central to south west Wales and as stated virtually on a brilliant natural beach. Should you have the weather there will be no need to go off the park. Children will love the park and the beach.

For Pembrey take J47 off the M4 and follow signs for Llanelli - Pembrey is on the Llanelli side of Bury Port. Becarefull there is a 90 degree bend as you go over the railway line although you have good vision at the bend. Should you visit this site in fine weather I am sure you will enjoy it. The ice cream you mention is made by Joe's Ice Cream Parlour in Swansea and is delicious.

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike's wife - I think you may be mixing this site up with the one on the Gower. Pembrey is a CC site and is excellent regarding cleanliness, pretty central to south west Wales and as stated virtually on a brilliant natural beach. Should you have the weather there will be no need to go off the park. Children will love the park and the beach.

For Pembrey take J47 off the M4 and follow signs for Llanelli - Pembrey is on the Llanelli side of Bury Port. Becarefull there is a 90 degree bend as you go over the railway line although you have good vision at the bend. Should you visit this site in fine weather I am sure you will enjoy it. The ice cream you mention is made by Joe's Ice Cream Parlour in Swansea and is delicious.
Do they export??

Mikes wife

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts