Dogs in France

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Can someone acquaint me of the law regarding dogs in France. Are the French as keen on dogs kept in cars as the UK, and do sites provide dog walks?. I have also wondered at the reaction to dogs at pavement cafe's as I have not seen any dogs tucked underneath tables mopping up the leftovers.

brian.f

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Although I haven't been to France since last year it is certainly more dog friendly than this country. The last 3 French sites I stayed on all had dog walks adjacent to the site but that could have been because all the sites were next to rivers which tend to have paths along the bank.

I noticed no difference to dogs in cars than the UK.

When chosing an outside table at restaurants I was asked if I would prefer to sit inside, no problem with the dog. The dog was always served a bowl of water before our drinks came and at least twice dog biscuits were provided.

Pavement cafe's are no problem. My dog lays under the table, again with a drink supplied, and watches the world go by. Such a civilised way to while away a couple of hours.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
You will even find dogs inside restaurants, shops and supermarkets in France - it's a much more dog friendly country - but beware the poops. They don't seem to pooper-scoop as much as we do in this country!

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello, i am also considering taking our 2 old english sheepdogs to france, (dulux dogs), and did wonder the same, did any of you go on the tunnel, what provision is there around the terminals, and what if the unthinkable happens, will you be black listed....is it a good jurney for them, we are thinking of limousin, or brittany, and would welcome any advice on journey, and sites, thankyou, regards ED

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can only answer your question on dogs - I'm not planning your holiday for you - many of my friends take their dogs abroaard with them and all take the Chunnel!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts