Dogs travelling medicine

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
My dog does not travel very well at all she now travels in the well of the front passenger seat but we have to have cold air blowing otherwise she pants and gets stressed.

she seems to me worst if she can see out of the windom and wines if we cover her cage....and ideas

Mar 21, 2006
Visit site
newton we have tried most remedies phermone sprays, cages, harnesses. You name it we have tried it. As a last resort we bought bachs rescue remedy. at that point i think all three of us were hyper dog myself and swmbo. Dawn gave all three of us a squirt. dont think it reacted on rudi but certainly calmed dawn & I down. Now rudi goes in kennels most of the times we are away. Not an ideal situation since we originally started caravanning because it was dog friendly. But for us certainly the least stressful but not economical. If anyone has any other ideas we would certainly give them a try.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Newton,

We have a Kerry Blue Terrier weighs around 16kg, when she was younger she used suffer from travel sickness, on the advise of the breeder we used to give her qty 1 sealeg tablet which did the trick.

We have since then changed our car to a Vectra Estate which fingers crossed we have never had anymore travel problems.

Royston

Feb 25, 2007
Visit site
Speak to you vet we take our cat on holiday with us and it used to pant sweat be sick and generally get very unwell we got tablets makes your cat or dog a bit drowsy but no more problems when travelling.

Aug 11, 2006
Visit site
I know how you feel. We had a dog which was so scared of cars, he would not even walk on the roadside of the pavement. He was shaking and sick within 20 minutes when in the car. It took patience. At lunchtime when my husband came home I used to carry(.!) Taffy into the car and sit with him for 10 minutes - no engine. After a few weeks of this I sat there with the engine running. In the evenng we drove him round the block. On trips with the caravan, I sat next to him in the car with a sicky-bowl, tissues etc. I let him be sick while massaging his neck. To cut a long story short. It worked and after a year (I said, patience is needed), this same dog would hang out of the window by his toenails to shout abuse at the village dogs whenever we went to the South of France. We lived in Belgium at the time- a 1000 kms away from the South. No more problems - a delightful dog and worth the effort- alas he is no more.

Helen

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
There is a product called Scullcap & Valerian. This is supposed to be very good for uptight dogs. We tried it on our dog on firework night and it definitely calmed him down a good deal. It is in tablet form and I believe is only available from Vets. Kenneth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We use Sernity Tabelts for our dogs 2 tablets for the Dalmatian when we are caravaning, and one for the little one when it firework night, as the dalmatian don't need any for firework night because he deaf, Bless him. we love them both to bits

Yvonne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts