Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Could someone please explain as to why we are charged for dogs some camp/caravan sites charge between 50p to £3.50 per night why? They do not walk the dog or clean up after the dog, the dog is always kept on a lead and never left to roam on its own, it sleeps in the car or the caravan, it does not eat their food. Could it be because they are greedy. There is nothing more frustrating than camp/caravan sites charging for a car two adults, pitch, electric (which i am led to believe cannot be charged for unless they are on a meter)but they still charge for, an awning whether is it a porch or full awning (same price)and to top it all for a dog who does nothing but stay in one place unless it is walked. How many other caravaners feel this way or could some one explain the justification of charging for a dog.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
I agree with all you say, we do not go to sites that charge for Dogs, and I think this is why there do it, they don't really want the dogs but don't actually want to say so, we always let them know why we won't be visiting, and also say we will let our friends know too. not good for Business.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Do the same as us Sian, don't give the money grabbing gits the satisfaction of ripping you off. We simply stick to club sites or sites where they don't charge for dogs. Having three small dogs I don't see why I should pay for facilities that mostly aren't provided apart from a sign saying to keep dogs on a lead. I have paid 50p per night per dog for a site that does provide a decent dog walk but that is a rarity, the site has to be special.

Another thing that annoys me, if you are on a hardstanding why do you have to pay to put up an awning. I can understand if it's on grass that gets damaged and needs re-seeding and maybe the pitch being taken out of use but why a hardstanding?

No doubt someone will enlighten us on both matters.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, they're gonna get a shock in Cumbria. Diesel and I will be camping (yes, in a tent).

When I go for a shower, I had planned to lock him in my car (in shade) because I'm worried in case someone tries to steal him.

However on reflection, I'm paying for him too so maybe it's acceptable to take him in the shower block?? I'm paying half the fee of an adult for him so surely he's entitled to a hot shower, particularly after a tiring day at the horse fair.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, they're gonna get a shock in Cumbria. Diesel and I will be camping (yes, in a tent).

When I go for a shower, I had planned to lock him in my car (in shade) because I'm worried in case someone tries to steal him.

However on reflection, I'm paying for him too so maybe it's acceptable to take him in the shower block?? I'm paying half the fee of an adult for him so surely he's entitled to a hot shower, particularly after a tiring day at the horse fair.

Lisa
Are you really going to make it to the Horse fair this year? Which site?

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site

Lisa
i agree why shouldt the dogs be entitled to extras we are paying for them

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi.i only go to CC sites and they dont charge for the dog. i have been looking at other nice sites but when you added the dog and the awning it more than the cc charges.

i say stick to CC sites or CL'S.

Lisa i cant belive you are going in a tent you nutter.

i would rather pay for a hotel or b & b that allows diesel to stay. after you have paid for your pitch and breakfast would it be that much more in a hotel or b& B. i dont know i dont use them?. go on treat yourself

jo

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo

I don't mind 'roughing it' at all. I put the tent up by myself on Sunday, took less than ten minutes.

It's hard to find a b&b which will take dogs, why pay about

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Sites, like all commercial concerns can organise their pricing however they wish - some offer inclusive pricing, some charge for each item. It's up to customers to look at the total and decide whether to book, or buy.

It's no different to choosing between fully equipped cars built in the far east or a german car where every option is charged separately.

Despite the CC interpretation of Ofgem's ruling on electricity, it's still permissible to make a fixed charge for the use of the equipment, which is vat's at 17.5% - but not possible to charge for energy, vat'd at 5%, unless it's metered and meets Ofgem's limits on resale markup.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts