Dometic 3way fridge not sparking

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi all, we went out with our caravan last weekend and I could not get the fridge to work on gas. When I pressed the igniter I couldn’t hear any clicking at all. Any ideas?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Have you got the 12 volt Master switch on?
Does it have a battery powered ignition system?
What caravan an year.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Is your igniter a piezo crystal type (where you press against resistance and it then suddenly moves in with a load click) Or an electric spark igniter that you just press a button for?
If its the latter check the battery that powers it isn't depleted (usually an AA type)

Jan 25, 2020
Visit site
Is your igniter a piezo crystal type (where you press against resistance and it then suddenly moves in with a load click) Or an electric spark igniter that you just press a button for?
If its the latter check the battery that powers it isn't depleted (usually an AA type)
I think it’s the latter one, I actually took the front upper panel off to see if there was a battery behind the igniter, when I removed the the push button I couldn’t get to silver igniter.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It will come out with a bit of fettling .My battery had corroded seizing in the housing. Overnight let some plus gas or WD 40 soak in. The whole casing and battery finally came out using fine screw drivers ,tweezers and patience perseverance. It took a bit of cleaning up and has now worked perfectly last five years

Reactions: Porkie24

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts