Dometic flush fail

lyn

Apr 22, 2022
Visit site
Feeling epic
Have a Luna ultima and it’s fitted with the dometic toilet flush system. So about 2 years ago it wouldn’t flush and as still under warranty they fixed it ,
Away now and flush fail!
Electricty getting to it as empty light was on so onto you tube and ive done it! Fixed
The spring clip was a nightmare as it’s a small area to work in and didn’t understand a “ breather pipe was the pipe that took the water to the bowl anyway the mini fins freed and discovered the spring clip didn’t have to go back on as it doesn’t leak but will keep an eye on that
Don’t be afraid to have a go and thank you to the fella on you tube
Saved me a packet

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Feeling epic
Have a Luna ultima and it’s fitted with the dometic toilet flush system. So about 2 years ago it wouldn’t flush and as still under warranty they fixed it ,
Away now and flush fail!
Electricty getting to it as empty light was on so onto you tube and ive done it! Fixed
The spring clip was a nightmare as it’s a small area to work in and didn’t understand a “ breather pipe was the pipe that took the water to the bowl anyway the mini fins freed and discovered the spring clip didn’t have to go back on as it doesn’t leak but will keep an eye on that
Don’t be afraid to have a go and thank you to the fella on you tube
Saved me a packet

Welcome to the forum Lyn.

Is it a Dometic CTE 4050? (or similar).

Mine has been a pain since new in 2015. I has a new pump after much argument. Then a knuckle joint broke inside. Evidently a common problem. They messed up putting the loo back in and put a screw through a pipe. They had to take it out again and redecorate the wall behind. They then had to put a new loo in still under warranty but they still tried to charge me!

Since then I have needed to change the seal a number of time at silly prices.

This week the pump has gone again. I removed the control panel but there is not enough room to access the tank, such a bad design. This meant taking the toilet out yet again. Researched the internet but the installation instructions are awful. I had to do it by trial and error.

The pump hangs from the tank top which contains a pressure release valve. Over the years the strain has caused it to snap there and the pump drops into the tank, but still working. A new tank top has cost me £35 from Jacksons Leisure. (£80 in some places). It should be easy to fit when I get it.

If yours is a failed pump, they are also silly many, but just a standard pump. But the loo still needs to come out to get to it.

I now know some tricks in how to remove the toilet, let me know if I can help with that.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Lyn.

Is it a Dometic CTE 4050? (or similar).

Mine has been a pain since new in 2015. I has a new pump after much argument. Then a knuckle joint broke inside. Evidently a common problem. They messed up putting the loo back in and put a screw through a pipe. They had to take it out again and redecorate the wall behind. They then had to put a new loo in still under warranty but they still tried to charge me!

Since then I have needed to change the seal a number of time at silly prices.

This week the pump has gone again. I removed the control panel but there is not enough room to access the tank, such a bad design. This meant taking the toilet out yet again. Researched the internet but the installation instructions are awful. I had to do it by trial and error.

The pump hangs from the tank top which contains a pressure release valve. Over the years the strain has caused it to snap there and the pump drops into the tank, but still working. A new tank top has cost me £35 from Jacksons Leisure. (£80 in some places). It should be easy to fit when I get it.

If yours is a failed pump, they are also silly many, but just a standard pump. But the loo still needs to come out to get to it.

I now know some tricks in how to remove the toilet, let me know if I can help with that.

John
I have always maintained that Thetford should stick to toilets and Dometic stick to fridges. Dometic toilets are troublesome and Thetford fridges are troublesome!

Reactions: RogerL
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have always maintained that Thetford should stick to toilets and Dometic stick to fridges. Dometic toilets are troublesome and Thetford fridges are troublesome!

True re caravans. But if you look at the range of toilets that Dometic make. Including for cruise ships. They should do better.

John

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts